NINE

NINE

I was laughing so much that I ended up snorting. Roxie, Quyet, Quest, and Pearce glared at me, while the other dragons were trying to hold in their own laughter.

"S-s-s'not f-f-f-unny!" Roxie tried to growl, which made me double over, holding my stomach from the pain of laughing.

"D-d-d-damn cold-b-b-bloods," Roxie growled through a shiver.

I tried to speak, but I couldn't.

"M-m-maybe we should w-w-watch through a-a-a wind-d-dow," Quyet suggested.

"Y-y-yeah," Quest shivered. "But that inv-v-volves m-m-mo–"

"Moo!" I snorted in laugher.

They glared.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry," I tried to keep a straight face, I really did. Nope, not laughing wasn't going to happen.

This time a couple of dragons laughed with me as well – just not as loudly or as long. Zaos stood there grinning. In the past couple of days that had past since Sunny had taken the lynx to the doctor – who'd been on call at the time – Zaos and myself had gotten to know each other a little more.

We shared many likes and dislikes, but also had a few things that we disagreed on. He was a pure silver after all, while I was half silver and half white.

"Oh, god, you guys are so funny when your cold!" I sighed out my last bit of laughter.

They were still glaring.

We were outside the front doors. In the snow, in winter. I wasn't sure where the castle was located, but apparently it was colder here than most places around the world. Happy news for the dragons – who actually enjoyed the snow, not the sun, and bad news for the shifters who weren't used to it and preferred the sun.

"Erif, maybe you can warm the shifters?" Zaos suggested.

"Mia Valishar." Erif, the captain of the dragons, created a yellow-red bubble and shaped and moved it to cover the shifter's who sighed happily in response. "It will warm up gradually, unless you wish to go from aiglos ta nar – ice to fire."

"Gradual is good!" Roxie responded quickly, then hummed in bliss. "Never moving... Unless the heat moves of course."

I rolled my eyes.

"Time for your first shift, mia vabyr'ban."

"Vilya'dorai wund mi?"–sky-ride with me? I asked Zaos.

"Shift," he commanded. "Next time I will vilya'dorai wund dos."

"Nuuko,"–jerk. I grinned to soften the insult.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Shift."

"Aye, Vyr!"

I turned and took a running start, I heard them telling me not to run. Ignoring them, I jumped, pushing off the ground, then when I was far enough off the ground, I pulled my dragon to the front.

My limbs burned pleasantly as they grew, stretched, new limbs manifested. I felt every change as a burn. My face grew longer, my back became longer, my tail bone grew outwards, my legs and arms thickened, changed angles, claws sharpened. The manifestation of my new limbs were a pain, growing in my body, making my body give the new limbs space to be there. Once they'd chosen and found where they wanted to be, they grew outwards. I had no idea where they came from, how they would fit into my human body, but I knew how to use them in my dragon form, that was all that mattered.