SIX

SIX

It felt strange. Not having someone next to me while I took a shower. But, at the same time, it felt much better, I had privacy, something I thought I would never have again. I wasn't sure how long I'd stood under the water, knowing that it wouldn't turn off until I made it. But, eventually, I moved out from under the spray so that I could reach the things I would need to wash my hair and clean my body. Even after I was clean, I stayed under the spray of the water.

A knock on the door interrupted me and my space of heaven. I glared at the offending door that allowed me to hear the knock. When it didn't come again, I turned back to the spray of water.

Knock, knock, knock.

"What?" I grumbled, loud enough for them to hear on the other side.

"Whyte, mia Valishara," Onver replied. What's he doing here? "You've been in the shower for hours. I, uh, think it's time to come out."

Turning the water off, I sighed sadly. Grabbing one towel, I wrapped my even longer than before hair up, then wrapped my body in another. I'd thought that the towels we'd had before were luxury, but they'd been scratchy as hell in comparison to these. I towel dried my hair as much as I could, then stepped out of the bathroom since I'd dropped the clothes I'd been wearing before out the bathroom door.

Onver was standing by the door that lead to the hallway holding a pile of clothing. "Mia Valishara, I hope you don't mind these. Later you'll be able to buy your own clothes, but we got these for you so that you would have at least something to wear."

"Thank you," I said, taking the clothes. "How will I be able to buy my own clothes without any money?"

Onver frowned at me, and when he spoke, he sounded almost offended. "We're buying them for you, mia Valishara."

I frowned at him. What the hell did mia Valishara mean?

Shaking my head, I turned to dry my body and got dressed. He'd given me underwear, a tank top, jeans and a pair of trainers, all black. Luxury. I almost purred.

Turning back around showed me that Onver had turned around for me. Looking around again, feeling sad that I would have to leave this room, I turned back to look at Onver's back.

"Where are the others?"

"They went to the 'play room'," Onver said, turning around. "I think they're on the karaoke now. Or, they were when I left."

I huffed a laugh. "What time is it?"

"You were in the shower for three hours, mia Valishara. It's two in the afternoon."

"What does that mean? Mia Valishara?"

"You'll have to ask mia Val–– Zaos Draedan if you want an answer."

I frowned at him. Something was going on, and I didn't know what? What had they got planned for me? Was it good or bad? My mind tried to think of many different scenario's of what would happen when I left the room, but I dismissed them. What ever I came up with would most likely not happen, but then, hadn't I thought about escaping, and then, days later, we did. But still, I dismissed the scenes that were playing out in my head.

"Come with me, I'll show you where your friends are."

Not having much choice, I followed Onver down the hall that looked as though it had been man had carved it from stone.

As though he'd seen my interest, Onver stopped. "The castle was carved into the side of the mountains by dragons many centuries ago. The va– king owns the castle with his queen." Then he chuckled. "Although, I don't think this castle has ever felt so much life within it's walls. Your shifter's are full of so much energy, I'm surprised they managed to keep you in line."