Chapter 18

"That bastard is an original royalty?!" I screeched, a familiar feeling clouding my senses. The King gave me a stern look, one which told me that if I wanted to stay alive I better watch my mouth. I huffed, rolling my eyes and muttered, "Fine, fine, whatever. But I have another question." I folded my arms again.

Ash gestured for me to continue.

"Why is a Pureblood's blood dangerous for a Vampire? And is it true that a Pureblood's blood can kill a Vampire?" I asked, my eyes narrowing as I remembered the way Andrew's blood burned my flesh, yet it did not kill me at all.

A thought— a simple thought— crossed my mind and I stilled, my eyes widening and my jaw opening a little.

"Don't tell me that a Pureblood's blood doesn't kill a Vampire, but a Slade's blood does." I breathed, utterly shocked and shaken. What the hell is going on? The more I find out, the more shocked and surprised I become. I never knew any of this. I was only told that a Pureblood's blood could kill me!

I hope that stupid Vampire is suffering in heaven.

The King cracked a grin, looking at me with a hint of respect. "You're very intelligent. To answer your questions... A Pureblood's blood is dangerous for a Vampire because it is pure and original. A Vampire's blood is not pure: they were humans turned with the help of a Vampire's blood, so the bloods mix, and it certainly isn't original since they were not born like that. It's because a Vampire's body cannot handle such purity. And yes, you figured it out." he smirked lightly, tilting his head to the side. "However, whether it's a Vampire or a Pureblood, they can both die because of a Slade's blood. Don't forget that they are original royalties. Their blood is a completely different story." the King gave me a pointed look, probably remembering what I had called Sebastian a few moments ago.

"Fantastic." I rolled my eyes, rubbing the side of my neck. "That's just fan-bloody-tastic. Not only can I die because of his blood, but the entire Vampire population can, to—" I paused when it had clicked in my head. A look of shock and surprise took over my face, and I noticed the King looking at me warily. "Wait a minute, that's a good thing. I can kill every Vampire out there just because of his blood!"

Ash's shoulders shook and he threw his head back, a joyful laugh passing his lips. He settled down and looked at me, a new expression of fondness in his eyes as he said, "You're crazy. I like you."

I lifted my chin high, straightening my posture and relaxing my shoulders. "Yeah, it's not something I haven't been told before. Tell me something I don't know."

"Arrogant with an ego the size of a country, I see." I heard the King mutter.

"Are we talking about a big country or a small country? And is it named after me? Because if it isn't, well that is a shame. Anyways, here's another question." I waved my hand around, being serious again. "Why does Sebastian always drink my blood when we're in bed together— if you know what I mean? He used to get angry when I drank a Vampire's blood before."