two

trigger warning: this chapter does include some mildly graphic scenes and references to domestic violence, and does feature mental breakdowns and panic attacks. if any of these things bother you and you are unable to read this chapter, please message me and i will catch you up to speed on everything!

continuous

Airi

"now ain't the time for surprises" tray said.

i ignored him.

"just go to the living room, all three of you."

they stayed still, looking at each other, none of them wanting to be the first to go. i moved towards dre, he seemed to be the more approachable one.

"dre, please?" i asked. i grabbed his hand for reassurance, and surprisingly he squeezed my hand back. our moment caused a weird feeling in my stomach. i looked up from our hands and saw dre looking at me intensely. he must've felt it too.

we had been so caught in the moment that neither of us moved away until tray cleared his throat loudly.

i slowly dropped my hand, taking a couple steps back. dre finally managed to pull his gaze off me and walk towards the living room.

when i turned to look at chris and tray, chris shook his head and tray had confusion written on his face.

"i- um," i stopped and took a deep breath. "can you guys go in the living room, please?"

tray looked at chris as chris nodded, giving the okay.

see, everyone online has it wrong. chris is the ringleader between them, it just doesn't seem like it in videos.

i followed the boys to the living room, watching their reactions. they all looked surprised and confused at the same time.

"we're bowling!" i semi-yelled. i tried to force a smile, but i knew deep down inside that i wasn't feeling it anymore.

tray must've known it, too, because he stared at me for a while, even while i continued to explain the game.

"you guys excited?" i asked after giving them the directions.

"hell yeah." chris said.

after assigning everyone their lanes, i decided i would go first. i drove my car straight into the pins, but only a couple in the front fell.

i started to pout as dre and chris laughed.

"you just got to make it go faster, look." dre said.

i watched as he held the button on his controller all the way down, knocking over all of his pins and some of tray's.

based on the look tray gave dre, i was scared that an argument might start, but instead they laughed it out and our game turned into bumper cars.

i took a breath of relief, thinking that everything would be okay.

——