one

Airi

"tray calm down, i told you it was just a prank."

"and you know i don't play like that airi. you really trying me right now."

"why are you so mad? it's not like he actually gave me a hickey."

tray gave me that look.

no, not the cute look, like the one you get from ya mom when you say something stupid and she's trying not to slap you.

"it doesn't matter airi, you been going to far with these pranks lately."

i rolled my eyes.

"tray i don't get why you're so mad."

he looked at me and sighed, tuning into his phone.

sometimes i don't know if tray wants to be my dad, boyfriend, or friend. he makes every situation so complicated. i decided to dead the convo with tray sand come back later.

"chris?" i yelled as i was leaving tray's room.

"wassup?" i heard his voice from downstairs.

when i found him in the kitchen, he was getting a cup to get some juice.

"let me guess," he spoke. "tray's pissed."

i nodded, but before i could speak he took my words.

"and you want me to go and fix it."

you could hear the exhaustion and attitude in his voice. i don't know why he was so opposed to it, it's not like i ask him for help after every prank.

"c'mon gilly please? he's super mad this time."

"and you think he's supposed to be happy?"

"chris it was just a-"

"a prank, yeah, i know airi. but what happens when the cameras turn off? we're all supposed to laugh and smile and pretend like our emotions weren't played with? you gotta chill sometimes."

he stopped pouring his juice and looked down at the counter, sighing. i could tell that he didn't want to be upset with me which is why we were talking, but he felt some type of way.

"i don't know airi, i think this one went a little too far. you know the tension is running high around you cause of what happened, you can't be playing like that."

i took a deep breath.

"so if it went too far, how come everyone else in the house is okay, even ken? you and tray are just being dramatic, and what happened has nothing to do with me anymore. it's over."

he looked up at me and laughed. not a genuine laugh, but one of those disappointment laughs that always start with a scoff and ends with a shake of the head.

i paused, closing my eyes for a second. i don't know what emotion to feel, but i was trying to make things better. i began to speak as my eyes were still closed.