four

trigger warning: this chapter does include some moderate level graphic scenes and references to domestic violence, and does feature mental breakdowns and panic attacks. if any of these things bother you and you are unable to read this chapter, please message me and i will catch you up to speed on everything!

also, flashbacks in this chapter will be written in italics!

that night

omniscient

tray sat on the edge of his bed, ps4 controller in hand, his third cup of alcohol on the floor next to him.

the tv screen held a ready fortnite character, instrumentals playing in the background.

tray wasn't focused on that, though.

his mind was filled with airi, and endless thoughts of her situation.

how could someone be in the same house with a person that watched as they got beaten?

tray just didn't understand.

he grabbed the red solo cup, taking a long sip.

his mind continued to swirl with excuses and ideas, but the alcohol caused him to settle on the worst one.

airi was a liar.

she lied about dre.

how else could dre be walking around normal and airi was the one fucked up in the head?

"that bitch delusional." tray said aloud.

he shook his head, chugging the rest of his drink.

he sat there, rocking back and forth as he thought about his next move.

"aight den tray, go confront her." he said.

within an instant, tray was out of his room and barging into hers, her surprised expression meaning nothing to his drunken state.

airi sat up in her bed, confusion and sadness written all over.

"why you lie for?" tray asked. his words had begun to slur.

she didn't respond, but instead studied him a moment.

tray made some incoherent sounds and then asked "hello? you can hear, can't you?" his voice was rising with every word, not making it easy for airi to keep her composure.

she hesitantly climbed out of her bed, walking slowly towards tray.

"you've been drinking." she said.

her eyes were locked on something beside tray, which caused tray to realize that he was still holding the red solo cup.

she sighed, the added disappointment hitting tray in a far away place in his mind.

"tray, give me the cup, please?"

apart of tray wanted to give in, wanted to give her the cup and go back to his room, but the other parts had something to say.