Chapter Twenty Eight

*Hey! I hope you enjoy the chapter! Remember to vote/comment and fan! :) *

The Doctor and I walked in the TARDIS and he started playing with the controls, when the phone rang.

I stared at it, confused. “You have a phone?” I asked, just staring at it. “Of course I have a phone,” he said, smiling at me before picking it up. “Hello,” he said, lifting the phone to his ear. His face turned in concern. His face soon turned to me, “I’ll be there soon,” he said, hanging up. He started punching in coordinates.

“What was it?” I asked, as he ran around the controls. “You know how I’ve told you that there are scary things out there?” he asked, turning towards me. “Yeah?” I asked, still confused. “This is one of them,” he said. “What is it?” I asked, taking a step closer to him. “Weeping angels,” he said.

I remember the weeping angels from when we were back in Egypt. “I’m coming with you,” I said, taking a step towards him. “No, you’re not,” he said, his face showing his disapproval. “I was with you last time we faced the Weeping Angels,” I pointed out. “That was different, you’re pregnant now. I’m not letting them close to you,” he said.

“Please Doctor,” I said, pleading with my eyes. “No,” he said. “How will I know you’re safe?” I asked. He bit his lip slightly before running off. He came back carrying a pair of thick black glasses. I gave his a confuse look. “They have a camera on the front of them. This way you can stay in the TARDIS and see everything I see,” he said, putting them on.

I giggled, seeing him wearing the thick black glasses. He looked at me before wrapping his arms around me. “Promise me you’ll be safe,” I said, looking deep into his green eyes. He returned the look, “I promise you,” he said, before pulling the lever.

When the TARDIS landed, I looked at the Doctor, my eyes showing how sad and worried I was. “Violet I promise I’ll be fine. I have these,” he said, pointing to his glasses. I smiled at him before I wrapped my arms around him kissing him gently. He kissed back, before pulling away. “I’ll be back,” he said, smiling at me before he left.

I stared at the screen watching the Doctor walk out of the TARDIS and talk to one of the workers on the project. The project: to capture the weeping angel alive. My hearts were pounding, I hated having him out there alone. “Hello sweetie,” I heard.

The Doctor turned around to see River standing there. My hearts dropped to my stomach. She was there? She was with the Doctor. “Hello River,” he said. I could hear the smile in his voice. “Where’s Violet?” she asked, looking around. “She’s in the TARDIS. It’s a little too dangerous for her,” the Doctor said.

“These glasses make you look ridiculous,” she said, smiling straight into the camera before she took the glasses off and dropped them to the floor. I them watched her boot come down, crushing the camera.

I frowned, my hearts speeding up. She just crushed my only way to know the Doctor was safe. She was there with the Doctor, while I was sitting in here. I began to pace back and forth.

Should I go out and find him? No, he would kill me if I did.

I decided that the best form of action would be to stay here and wait for him. After a couple of hours, my nerves were fried. My hearts were still racing and my eyes were filling with tears. I was thinking of every bad thing that could have happened. Then the door opened. I jumped up, walking toward the door. But River walked in.

She looked at me, her eyes widened. “River,” I said, looking at her. “Y-you’re p-pregnant?” she said, mostly to herself, not quite believing it. “Where’s the Doctor?” I asked. “Outside,” she said, her eyes never leaving my stomach.

“River,” I said, sitting on the steps up to the controls. Her eyes moved to my face, “The Doctor hasn’t told you?” I asked, placing a hand on my swollen stomach. She shook her head. I patted the spot next to me, telling her to come sit with me. She walked over and sat next to me, but not too close.

“I wanted to talk to you,” I said, looking at her. She looked at me, her face still in shock. “Yes?” she asked. Her eyes searched my face. “The Doctor and I haven’t talked about it yet but I’ve been thinking. I want you to be my child’s godmother,” I said, gently rubbing my stomach.

River’s eyes fell back down to my stomach. She was silent for a few minutes, thinking about what I had said. “I can’t,” she said, standing.

“Why?” I asked, also standing. Her lips twisted into a smile. “Violet, I can’t because I just can’t. The child your carrying should be mine,” she said, walking towards the door.

I just let her walk away. I looked at the ground. “Violet,” I heard her say. This made me look up at her. “Yes?” I asked. “Thank you though for asking me. I’m sure you’ll make a great mother,” she said, giving me a slight smile before leaving. I smiled a little, sitting on the stairs again.

Doctor’s POV. . .

I waited for River to come out of the TARDIS. I had no idea how she would react.

She walked out and kept walking. “River,” I said, walking after her. She pretended not to hear me. “River,” I said, running after her.

When I caught up to her, she had tears running down her face. “Hey,” I said, my face softening. I pulled her into a hug. “Why?” she asked into my shoulder. “Because I love her,” I said, pulling her tightly to my chest.

“That child should be mine,” she said. That made my heart break. “River, I’m sorry,” I said.

River didn’t say anything else. She turned walking away. I didn’t know what else to say to her. I just let her walk away.

I turned walking back to the TARDIS. To Violet and my child.