Chapter Nineteen

*Hey guys! I have another chapter ready. I'm excited because I have big plans for what's going to happen next. It's exciting but i'm not giving it away! I finally found a cover that I love (not that I didn't love the last one). I hope you enjoy it and remember to fan/comment/vote. This is NOT the end of the story.*

That night, the Doctor and I hugged Dad and a crying Mum. âMum, weâll come back and visit,â I said, hugging her. âI know,â she said, wiping tears away. âAmelia,â the Doctor said, hugging her close to him. âI will take care of her and I promise that weâll come back,â he said, smiling at her. Mum nodded, smiling. I hugged Dad telling him that I would be back and to take care of everyone. âJust be safe,â he said, hugging me close.

Once we were in the TARDIS, the Doctor ran up to the controls and started to play with them like a child with a new toy. âSo where to next?â I asked, running up the stairs, looking at him run around pressing buttons. âSomewhere very special,â he said, putting his hand on the lever. I smiled, putting my hand on top of his. His hand was shaking like crazy. âYou ok?â I asked. But I never got an answer because he pulled the lever down, sending up flying.

We landed and the Doctor ran to the doors. He was visibly nervous, with his hands shaking and he was rubbing his palms against his pants. âReady?â he asked, his eyes full of excitement mixed with sadness. âYes,â I nodded, taking his hand as he opened the door.

Outside the door was all ruins. I could tell it was once a great city, but all that was left was ruble on itâs orange soil. I looked all around to see no people, not even a trace of anyone on the whole planet. âWhere are we?â I asked, looking back to the Doctor, to see his face twisted into a frown. âWeâre on Gallifrey, my home planet,â he said, his eyes searching the ruble.

âGallifrey,â I said, testing the name out. I had heard of Gallifrey once or twice, but I never knew what it looked like this. âGallifrey is the planet of our kind,â he said, sitting on the orange soil, drawing designs into it. âTell me about it,â I said, sitting down next to him. It couldnât have always looked like this.

âGallifrey is in the constellation of Kaster borous about 250 million light years away from Earth. This is the home of the Time Lords,â he said, looking into my eyes. They were filled with sadness. âWhat happened to it?â I asked, looking around. âThe Great Time War. We had a war against the Daleks, for the sake of all creation. And everyone lost. My family is gone, my friends are gone,â he said, a tear slipping from eye. I gently wiped it away.

âYou could always go back and save them,â I suggested trying to give him some hope. âNo,â he said, quietly. âWhy?â I asked. âBecause Iâm the one who killed them,â he said, his eyes meeting mine. âThereâs this thing called a Time Lock, thatâs were all the Time Lords are, you see, the war changed them. Not for the better either. One Time Lord, named the Master, he tried to open it and he succeeded. The Time Lords wanted to move the Time Lock above the Earth and rebuild the Time Lords reign. The Master and I stopped him, with the cost of the Masterâs disappearance,â he said.

âItâs ok,â I said, hugging my body to his. He smiled through his tears. âTell me about Gallifrey. What did it look like?â I asked, sitting so close to the Doctor that our bodies were touching.

âGallifrey was filled with vast mountain ranges, with fields of deep red grass that was capped with snow, and the second sun would rise in the south and it made the mountains shine. And in the morning, the sun would hit the silver-leafed trees making it look like a forest on fire,â he said, his smile returning. It made me smile thinking how beautiful it use to be here.

âWhere did you live?â I asked, seeing what the Doctor saw, not the ruins that lie before us. âI use to live in a house that was half way up a mountain. And I would run down the mountain and find rocks that werenât grey at all. They were red, brown, purple and gold,â he smiled, taking my hand in his.

I smiled at him, looking into his eyes to see all the memories that were there. âI brought you here because Iâm the only Time Lord that grew up and lived on Gallifrey. And now that I have another Time Lord with me I just wanted you to know about this place,â he said, kissing my fingers. I smiled reaching over to kiss his forehead. âIâm so happy that you showed me this place.â

He smiled at me before standing up. He reached his hand down to help me up. When we stood up, he put his hands on my waist and I put my hands on his shoulders and we slowly began to dance, just as we had at our joining. I looked up into his eyes and we just stared deeply into each others eyes, moving in slow circles. âThank you for listening,â he whispered. âOf course I would listen to you. This is your home and youâve had a lot of memories here,â I said.

He smiled before leaning over and kissing me gently. I smiled into the kiss before kissing back. The Doctor pulled away and took my hand leading me into the TARDIS. I slowly walked up to the controls and turned back to see that he was standing in the doorway staring out into his home planet.

The sight filled me with sadness. I quietly walked up behind him before wrapping my arms around his waist and laying my head on his back. I could feel the Doctor take a deep breath before shutting the doors. I slowly let go of him as he turned and walked to the controls. I followed him, âDoctor?â I asked. I needed to make sure he was ok. The Doctor turned to me, his eyes brimming with tears again. I walked over and took him in my arms. âItâs ok Doctor,â I said, hugging him close to me.

âI know,â he said, hugging back as he played with my hair.

âIs there anything I can do to help?â I asked, my head still laying on his chest. âDonât leave,â he said, simply. I knew that seeing Gallifrey had made him think of every companion he had and everyone he lost. Iâm sure his hearts were broken for every companion he had ever had on the TARDIS with him.

âIâll never leave, Doctor. I promise,â I said, as I pulled away to see a tiny smile on his face. I smiled knowing that he would be fine, he just needed someone with him, and I was very happy to be that person.