Chapter 22 : In your Arms

"Manik GPS toh yahi show kar raha hai, but this is an old under construction building, yaha kaise aa sakti hai Nandu?” asked Cabir.

Manik looked around, “Cabir I feel that she is here, its dark here toh u see that side and I will go upstairs” said Manik as he ran.

Cabir thought “hume Manik ko pehle hi Jay kei barei mei bolna chahiye tha” and started looking for Nandini.

The place where Nandini was held hostage,

She was unconscious and drops of blood were seen on her forehead, “Oh no! what have I done, gusse mei issko zor sei mar dia, Nandini wake up” said Jay as he sprinkled water on her face.

Slowly she opened her eyes and screamed. Jay placed his hand on her mouth and yelled “shut up! Chillaogi vi toh koi sun nahi payega”.

Nandini struggled and tears poured from her eyes.
Manik heard the scream and immediately rushed to the source of the sound but could not reach the exact place; he kicked the water container that was lying on the floor “damn it! Where are you Nandini?" he yelled with a voice filled with pain.

The door in front of him got a little cracked as it was hit by the water container and he could see some shadows there. Curious to know the matter he slowly pulled the door open, he turned on the flashlight of his phone to see clearly. Suddenly he noticed a movement and as he reached there, his eyes got widened with shock “Nandini” he yelled and reached up to her, he untied her hands and legs and removed the tape from her mouth.

“Manik” she uttered in a weak voice, he cupped her face and said “don’t worry, I am here” he said as he caressed her face.

She looked at the care and concern in his eyes and hugged him immediately. Manik hugged her back tightly, he understood that she was very weak and could not stand on her own. Manik was in tears to see her like that, just then he heard footsteps, he turned back and saw a guy who was approaching near him with a stick, Manik placed Nandini on the floor and snatched away the stick from the guy’s hands, then Manik punched on the guy’s face and kicked on his stomach causing the guy to fall down.

“Tumne mujhe mara? Jay ko? Kaun ho tum and iss Nandini ke liye itne pagal?” uttered Jay as he slowly stood up on his feet.
“I am her husband and ha mai pagal hu, I can do anything for her. I love her with every beat of my heart” he said meaningfully and as those words reached Nandini, tears formed in her eyes as she could feel the true emotion of love from his words. She became frozen and just kept looking at him with loving eyes and a faint smile as Manik fought for her.

After a while Cabir came there with police, Jay was arrested. Cabir went to Nandini and hugged her “Nandu, yeh Jay iski himmat kaise hui tere saath aisa karne ki!” uttered Cabir.

Nandini did n’t hear all that, she was just looking at Manik helplessly, Cabir noticed that and looked at Manik who was busy in talking with the police.

“Manik! Tu yaha aa, I will handle those” said Cabir and Manik came to Nandini.

He sighed deeply and noticed the wound on her head “that bloody idiot! He hurt you? I’m not going to spare him” said Manik as he clenched his fists in anger.

Nandini held his hand, and he looked up to her “I’m sorry, I was just blind by rage, you look so weak, I should take you home fast” said Manik as he removed a strand of hair from her face and kissed on her forhead, Nandini closed her eyes and hugged him tightly “Manik…” she could not complete her sentence “shhh, we will talk later” he said and picked her up in his arms, while she rested her head on his shoulder.

After visiting the doctor, Manik took Nandini to Moorthy’s residence as he knew everyone was worried. Nandini’s family, even her mother was very impressed by Manik. They all blessed him and were happy that Nandini was safe.

Late at Night, Nandini’s room,

She was lying on the bed in her pajamas and had a blush o n her face as he thought about the words that Manik had spoken “Aiyappaa, he loves me so much and mai hi iss pure love ko sirf physical attraction samajhti thi, how silly am I” thought Nandini.

Her mom came to her room with a glass of milk and asked her to rest. She kept looking at the door hoping that Manik would be there, deep inside she was still scared of that dreadful incident, she needed to see him, to hug him to feel better, because to her his arms were the safest place in the world.

Cabir entered her room, "Nandu u r ok nah?" he asked but Nandini was looking behind him, trying to spot Manik. Cabir noticed her restlesness "he is not here, he left" uttered Cabir with a blank expression.

Nandini exclaimed "What?! but why? Woh mujhse mile bina kaise chala gaya?" uttered Nandini in a painful voice.

Cabir was hyped "so what do u expect him to do? He is Manik woh kabhi kisi kei liye itna bent down nahi karta jitna usnei tere liye kia, bar bar he tried to convince u that he loves u but what did u do? Just ran away from him and ended up in creating troubles for urself and us ?" yelled Cabir.

Nandini was in tears "But..." she could not complete her sentence when Cabir spoke up again "Do u know kaise pagal o ki tarha dhund raha tha tujhe woh? And tu...Nandu I always thought u r very smart but tu toh dumb nikli! Anyways now be happy coz aj kei bad he is never going to come close to you" said Cabir as he rushed out of the door.

Nandini "Manik! U can't leave me alone" uttered Nandini and decided to go to him but she knew that no one would let her move out at that condtion so she went to Cabir for help.

"Ab kya hai?" asked Cabir angrily.

"Ab tu gussa mat dikha teri kitni galti chupayi hai maine, I need to see him please" pleaded Nandini as her head spun and she held the door knob for support.

Cabir rushed to her and saw that her hands were shaking, he felt bad for his sister "u r so weak, accha I will take u to him now u relax" he said and he sneakily took her to Manik's home.

At Manik's bedroom,
Nandini stepped in there it was dark and she switched on the light "Who is it?" uttered Manik in a loud tone which shook her, she looked up to him, he was sitting at a corner and there were several wine bottles in front of him, she got angry and walked up to him, he stood up and smiled faintly on seeing her. "Nandini, you are here? Or am I imagining?" he said as he rubbed his eyes to see her properly.

"Have u been drinking?" she asked. He looked down like a child who had been caught stealing "yes, just a bit" he said softly.

She held the collar of his shirt and both looked at each other with intensity "aisa kaise kar sakte ho tum? How can u leave me alone like that? Itna vi nahi socha that I was scared and all needed at that moment was u" said Nandini in a shaky voice.

Manik removed her hand from his collars and stepped away "Nandini, I had never left u alone, it was always you, u ran away from me and I thought u will be at peace if I leave u alone" said
Manik in a painful voice as he closed his eyes.

Nandini could not hold it anymore and she hugged him from behind and Manik was surprised "Manik! I only get peace in ur arms, hold me...I need you" she said meaningfully, her words melted all the anger in his heart and he smiled.

He unclasped her hand from his waist and pulled her to the front so that she could face him he stroked her hair and kissed on her forehead "promise me that you will never run away from me" he said, she sighed and nodded her head as tears filled her eyes. He held her waist and closed all the distance between them.
She threw her arms over his shoulders as she clung to him helplessly feeling so weak that she would have fell down if he had not held her waist. He removed her hair from her shoulder and kissed her there and both closed their eyes as they felt the warm embrace of each other.

To be continued....

Dear readers, sorry for the late update. I wasn't feeling good both physically and emotionally. Thanks for voting for this story. Hope you will continue to like it :)