Chapter Eleven: Night Out

Nandini went to her room and opened her closet. A silver box attracted her attention. On top of that box it was written “For Nandini” she opened the box and found a beautiful white dress inside it. It was long strapless dress with white pearl work over the waist and bust line. With it there was a diamond bracelet . Nandini was feeling confused when she got a call, it was Neyonika.

“Hello Aunty, I have this dress in my closet and…”

Neyonika told “yes dear that dress is for you please wear it for the party” she said and hung up the call.

Nandini was feeling weird but then thought that weirdness runs in the hormones of the Malhotra family. She went to the washroom to get ready.

Outside Malhotra Mansion,

Manik was standing near his black Porsche and was talking to someone over phone. Suddenly his eyes got fixed in awe as he spotted Nandini coming out and looking extremely gorgeous in that white dress.

Nandini looked at him nervously "mai bohat buri lag rahi hu kya?" she said.

Manik closed his eyes for a second to compose himself, "no! why r u saying like that?" he asked without looking at her.

"Nahi tum aise dekh rahe thei iss liye..accha tell na agar zyada buri lag rahi hu then I will don't go" said Nandini.

Manik thought "how will I tell you that you are looking like fairy, who has stepped into this earth...wait! What the hell am I thinking? Manik u should not think like this for her come on!" after battling with his mind finally he spoke up "You are looking okay ab chalo dad has already called 2 times " said Manik and they got into the car.

In the car, Nandini looked at Manik he was looking dashing in the black tuxedo and his hair was back brushed. He was looking no less than prince charming.

"Manik, did uncle/aunty told u to dress in black?" she asked.

"Ha dad told me but tumhe kaise pata?" he asked while driving .

"Aunty gave me this dress aren’t we looking like a wedding couple? Maybe this party is for us?" said Nandini nervously.

Manik smirked "wow! Manna parega tumhari CID skills ko. Madam this is just a dress code for a formal party. Oh wait tum toh kabhi aisi party mei nahi gayi hogi, now sit quietly" he said .

Nandini looked away and mumbled "pata nahi mai isse baat hi kyo karti hu, sadu kahika...Monster" she said.

After a while they reached the location and got out of the car. It was a posh hotel; as they entered some people looked at them and smiled, they were even saying something which they could not hear "Manik, yeh log hume aise kyo dekh rahe hai?" asked Nandini.

"Tumhe nahi mujhe dekh rahe hai, as I am looking damn hot" he winked.

"Don't drool over yourself only brainleas people like you" said Nandini.

They entered the party hall and announcement happened "here comes the stars of this party, the newly wedded couple, Manik and Nandini" said the host.

Both Manik and Nandini eyed each other with shocked expression "oh no, you were right, this is our wedding party" said Manik as he pressed Nandini's hand.

Nandini gave a fake smile "don't show it on your face, smile abb kya kare we have to handle it" she said and held his hand. They were greeted by Mr. Malhotra and Neyonika who took them to the center where there was a big 3 stored vanilla and lavender wedding cake. Nandini looked around and saw that her parents, uncle aunty and fab 5 were also there, they waved at her and she smiled.