Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

"Hmmm," Leila mumbled and rolled on her stomach. She hugged the pillow close to her chest and muffled her face in it, inhaling David's manly scent on it.

David?

Leila's eyes shot open and she was met with a pair of sparkling blue eyes.

"Hi!" David simply said, twitching his lips up in a half-smile.

Leila gasped and quickly sat up on the bed. Her scarf was hanging on her shoulders from the lots of movements she did while asleep. She quickly pulled it up to cover as much as she could from her hair then she got up from bed.

"Hey! Where are you going?" David asked in a raspy morning voice and lazily sat up on the middle of the bed. His hair was ruffled like crazy and his eyes were brighter than what she had ever seen, making look all the more cute.

"Are your parents still there?" Leila asked, pointing her forefinger to the door of his room.

David shook his head. "Nah! They left this morning," He replied.

"This morning?" Leila questioned with wide eyed. David nodded again. "What morning? Isn't it morning now?"

David shook his head. "No, Leila. It's three in the afternoon now. Those pills clearly had a strong effect on you. I should have not given you two of them."

"Then why are you late as well? You didn't take any pills."

"Gee, Leila. I was at work. I woke up in the morning and went to work. I came back at one in the afternoon and decided to take a nap. Fine? Now chill," David explained and stood up on his feet.

"I'll go take a shower. Want to join?" He offered as he picked up some random pieces of clothes from the floor.

Leila blushed, but thankfully he wasn't looking at her at the moment. "No, thank you. I would prefer to shower in my own bathroom," She tried to reply as sternly as she could.

David shrugged and swung the changeover on his shoulder. "Whatever! I'll see you around then, wife," He teased and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

Damn those abs!

Leila sighed and looked around her. She was in his room, alone, with his permission. That was once in a lifetime opportunity, and she had to use it wisely.

Suddenly, something flashed in her mind.

She slowly walked towards the ray of sparkles until she was close enough to see that it was a small photo album with a mold of a shining silver Celtic knot imprinted on it. Leila picked it up and tried to open it, but it was locked. She tried to knock on the metal to break it, but she failed. Suddenly, a far noise of a voice talking was approaching the door and she didn't find an escape.

The key!

She had to look for it now that she is allowed to be in his room. Leila immediately bent on her knees on the floor and started to check out David's clothes. She picked up every piece, every jacket, every jumper, every shirt, every pair of pants, and searched in all the available pockets they included, but nothing was there. She found nothing but crumbled tissue paper and some ID cards of famous business managers.

Sighing, Leila got up on her feet as her knees ached from crouching in high heels. She looked around her, trying to find out where it could be. She finally decided to do a little clean up in order to ease out the searching process. She just hoped that Daniel wouldn't get angry with her for tidying his room. She tried to ignore the hesitant part of her and chose to do it, no matter what her husband would think.