Wednesday in a Cafe

Leigh was really tired after attending all her classes. Won't she be, when she has so many AP courses to win over? She sighed, and then, pushed through the door into the cafe.

The aroma of coffee beans and velvet cakes welcomed her, she could as well as have been drooling at the sight of the food but Leigh belonged to a family of means and they upheld the English honour more than anybody in the whole of England.

Leigh walked towards a booth in the corner, past the couples making out and throwing themselves at each other.

She took her seat, looking at her phone. Tanner had left her a message:

Be 15 mins late, sorry!

Leigh breathed heavily. Typical Tanner. It was already 4:10 so Leigh decided to text her friend Rose.

Tanner and Leigh had met through Wattpad, the eHarmony for lovesick teenage writers. Tanner had been corresponding with Leigh and in a matter of days, apparently fell in love with her. (As if people don't love her already)

So they used to chat and Kik each other all the time and Skype, screwing around. Tanner was really outgoing while Leigh on the other hand was more of keeping to herself.

After about 10 minutes, Tanner entered through the door, laughing at his own jokes probably. Tanner was a mellow guy, I wonder how could Leigh even??

Anyways, Tanner walked upto her table and took a chair opposite to her. Leigh seemed sad and it was all in her eyes. She did not like to keep waiting, much less for Tanner. Is that guy worth waiting for anyways? I'd personally rather wait for Danny Devito than him.

Tanner took a deep breath and reached for Leigh's hand but she pulled it Away. It was enough. He had to say it. Had to confess.

"I'm...."

"I'm gay, Leigh."

She threw away her tea and made way out of the door.

"Teigh doesn't exist anymore, Tanner. It exists no more."

4 years later, Leigh still gifts herself chocolate on Valentine's Day and now lives with 13 cats in her apartment.

Tanner? Who's Tanner anyways? Ew.

--------------------