While You Were Out

Victoria’s Pov

“Its beautiful up here. I could do this, you know. The Lexi method. Hang with you, party with you. It wouldn’t be the worst way to turn on my emotions back on” I looked at the view from the rooftop, then turned around to face Damon.

“I though you hated emotions” Damon looked at me warily “I do. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to... spend more time with you.” I walked closer to him taking a sip from the bottle in my hand.

“I’ve never done it on a rooftop before” I smiled at Damon, I started to lean in closer when Damon hesitantly pulled away making a face. “Your not missing much” rolling my eyes I mentally groaned.

“You don't have to take the high road, Damon. I mean were still married. Neither one of us walked away from our marriage. I want this. You want this.”

Damon looks at me for a second, while I smile at him. Giving in Damon grabs my face and presses his lips against mine. Wrapping my arms around his neck I kiss him back. I let on of my hands trail down his chest and wonder to his pocket where his car keys were. As I slip my hand in his pocket and kiss him back Damon slaps my hand away and pulls away.

“What?” I asked innocently. Damon shaking his head and pulling out the car keys from his pocket, he dangles them in front of me.

“Looking for this? Did you really think that was going to work? The sex, the temptation, the booze? What, are you kidding me? I invented that trick.” Damon snatches the bottle of alcohol out of my hand and takes a sip.

New York – Billy’s 1977 Third Person

Damon and Lexi are sleeping on the rooftop. The sun started to rise and Lexis’s skin started to sizzle. Waking up she vamps-runs out of Damon’s arms and seeks refuge in a shaded doorway. Hurriedly she tries to open the door, but its locked.

“Good luck” Damon spoke from the mattress. “I spent all night reinforcing it. It was tough.” Getting up Damon started to approach Lexi “Had to be really quite not to wake you up” Damon smirked at her.

Lexi laughed nervously “What is this?” she asked. Standing across her in the sunlight, Damon smirked wickedly “Payment.” Lexi frowns as she tries to hide herself under the shelter “For what?”

Damon shrugs “Oh, for the last six months of my life, for the nagging, for the self-righteous platitudes. I'm paying you back for six months of you.” Lexi looked at Damon in realization “Your humanity isn't back on, is it?”

Damon smirked at Lexi “Never was” Lexi looked at Damon hurt “So this was all just-“ Damon cut her off he smirked wickedly “A joke! A big fat lie!” Damon started to smile.

“Best part of it is, you believed it. You thought I was like Stefan, a wounded little bird that you could nurse back to health.” Walking up to Lexi, Damon started to touch Lexis’s cheek making Lexi grab his hand viscously.

“But he's a victim. I choose to be this way.” Damon garbs Lexis hand and pulls it into the sunlight, making Lexi scream in pain. Pulling her hand away from Damon’s, Lexi gasps.

“Enjoy the day. I hear it’s going to be a scorcher” Damon smiles nastily at Lexi before vamp speeding out of sight.

“So you pretended to have feelings for her just to get her off your back?” I asked Damon. “I was willing to do whatever it took. Sound familiar?” I couldn’t help but chuckle “Aww. I hurt your feelings” I smiled at him.

“Not my feelings. I'm looking out for you because one day, you will flip that switch back on, and all the bad stuff that you did is going to come rushing back, and it is going to suck.” I looked at Damon in boredom.