Chapter 44 - Back To The Sanctuary

Kat had raised soon as planned and it was already time to reach the Sanctuary. The plan was to lurk out and spy what was happening now that Negan was missing for a while and maybe, with a bit of luck, she would also be able to sneak inside.

After she have reached the perimeter fence of the Sanctuary she had hidden between the bushes and with binoculars had begun to watch out. It seemed all pretty calm. After passing the fence without beeing seen, she had decided it was better to enter and check. With a bit of genius she managed to get to where she had ran away and headed for the entry. Entering wouldn't be easy seen that the door was monitored from the inside, but those of the last floor weren't. Using the external stairs she was able to arrive at the top and after entering the building she went to Negan's office to see if there was meeting and in fact it was so: Simon was talking to his men giving orders on what to do with Alexandria, the Kingdom and Hilltop.

Kat was trying to note everything she could in her mind to be able then to write it once at home. Once the meeting was over she went to the common rooms to see what was the general mood and apparently the Saviors were not very happy with how Simon was commanding them. The most unhappy ever were wives Negan's wifes: they were downgraded to satisfy Simon's wishes, which included also entertain his men as well as to him. Workers instead had heartbreaking shifts, their pauses were halved and rations decreased. This apparently was justified by the fact that the community didn't contributed enough, while instead was Simon that wasn't able to handle everything and wasted resources doing parties with his most trusted men.

Even Dwight wasn't happy as things were going, he had supported Simon hoping that could be better than Negan, instead he revealed himself worse.

Soon Kat had a framework enough full of the situation: the problem was Simon. With a bit of luck they perhaps could have even gotten help from the Saviors to get rid of him and then find a deal with them. It was a hypothesis risky but not so insane.

After she finished the tour, she was back on her steps and she get out unnoticed: the safety of the place was dramatically worse since Negan left.

Once out she headed back home repeating the most important things for fear of forgetting them. After killing some zombie, finally she was back at home.

She threw herself on sheets and had annotated all that could be useful: drawings of the structure, revenue not monitored, shifts of guards, how to pass the fence, the names and descriptions of men closest to Simon and of course, where they kept weapons. The framework was complete and wouldn't be difficult to arrange a good plan with all those information.

Kat checked Negan and after assured that he was still alive, she run up to Alexandria. Once there, she run fast to Rick with all the sheets in her hands.

<Rick! Rick!> shouted trying to figure out in what room of the house he was.

<Kat?> he answered by the living room.

<Rick I have to tell you something, it is urgent!> Kat was taken by the enthusiasm. When she arrived in living room, he went meeting for say hello but she headed beyond him and reached the table to spread above it all the sheets. Rick turned around a bit confused and then came up intrigued by all those pieces of paper.

<What are these?> asked sitting next to the girl.

<So, after the things you told me the last time I came here, I thought and redesigned what I could do to help and since I have been at the Sanctuary for a while, I thought that I could be useful by getting back there and collecting infos. See - pointed out the different sheets - I noted all that I have discovered: there is all> the words came out as a river and Kat couldn't stay in her skin anymore. Rick was looking at all carefully and when Kat finished talking, looked at her eyes and kissed her.

<You are fantastic!> told her looking at the sheets.

<I thought that with all this information you may organize an attack on the Sanctuary, take out Simon and possibly do another agreement with the Saviors>

<You wanted to say Negan>

Shit, he doesn't know that there is now Simon in charge.

<Apparently Negan disappeared a whike ago and now instead of him there's Simon in charge... but people are not happy and we could take advantage of this thing. They could help us if we give them the right motivation> tried to explain Kat.

<Might be, but remains that Negan must die>.

He doesn't let it go.

<Okay, but now let's face one problem at a time: Simon has also spoke of Hilltop and the Kingdom. You know what was he talking about?> said Kat.

<They are other community similar to our and in our same conditions. They might also join us...> the idea of a direct attack to the Saviors was taking shape.

<Perfect! Then remains to say that to the others, contact the other community and organize the attack> explained Kat proud of what she had just done.

<You don't know how helpful you were Kat: you may have freed us from this slavery... and it's all because of you> Rick took her hand and after they smiled, had kissed her tenderly.

<Now let's go to say it to the others> added the man getting up. They came out together and after they have called everyone, they had shown the situation: also the other agreed and after voted, began the real organization for the attack. They had to prepare weapons, vehicles, train  as many people as possible, obtain the ammunition and possibly more powerful weapons, convince the other communities to join them and finally organize the assault.

After these news, they were all taken by an adrenaline rush who had infused into them hope for a life free of Saviors. It would took time to organize all, but with small steps it was all possible: Rick and Kat were confident.