29

Luke's POV

Today is the last day before Christmas break and the day Ashton and I have to perform our mid term for music. I have to say that I'm more nervous today than I was for our first two gigs. I finished the song last night so my dreams and morning routine have revolved around the damn lyrics. I can't mess this up, my grade depends on it not to mention I wrote it for Ashton. If the song was bad and he hated it I really don't know what I'll do. So much stress.

I hurried into my music class to see Ashton talking to our teacher and when I entered the room Ashton walked straight over to me. He looked really nervous and his fidgeting hands really gave that away.

"Hey babe." He smiled and gave me a peck on the cheek.

"Hey. Are you nervous?" I asked and Ashton nodded with wide eyes. The bell rang calling us to our seats but Ashton moved to the front of the room. Apparently he was first.

"Okay class we are going to move things to the gym really fast, Ashton has asked to use extra equipment for his performance." Our teacher informed us and I looked to Ashton with wide eyes.

Our small class walked quietly to the gym and when I entered the gymnasium I saw Calum and Michael with a their mic stands, amps and Ashton's drum kit. He definitely went all out for this. We took a seat in the bleachers and waited for the show to start. The three of them ran over a few things before they got set and everything went quiet.

"1,2,3,4!" Ashton's familiar voice shouted and they started to play.

Ashton's POV

Okay I so admit I have been doing a little cheating. I had Michael and Calum learn the song with me so we could give Luke a proper performance of his song. I talked to my teacher and he gave me the thumbs up and pretty much promised me an A for my original song. We'd been doing separate learning of this song and finally were able to run through it a few times last night while Luke was studying for a final. I was so nervous but once I climbed behind my kit and saw Luke all the nervous once again faded away.

"1,2,3,4!" I called out and we all began to play. Michael sang the first line but then it was me.

Can I call wake you up on a Sunday?

Late night, I think we need to get away.

Head lights, hold tight turn the radio loud.

Let me know where to go and I'll get you there.

Tell the truth and I'll show you how to dare.

Flash lights held tight we could own this town.

Never say goodbye.

I sang then it was all three of us together but mainly Calum.

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

And tell me that I'll see you again

'Cause I don't know,

If I can let you go

And so kiss me, kiss me, kiss me

I'm dying just to see you again

Let's make tonight

The best of our lives,

Yeah.

Here's to teenage memories

Then I was able to focus on my drumming while Calum took over the second verse. So far so great. I glanced up to see Luke totally tuned in to the song which made it even better.