2

This week seem to drag on but it was finally Friday and I fully intended on getting shitfaced this weekend. I had a group of old friends that I'm sure would be down for a good time and I couldn’t wait to get out of this shit hole for a few days. Being the new guy sucked as usual but no one really messes with me or hasn’t yet at least. I don’t have a problem kicking ass if people want to start something. Michael and I were walking into PE now to get changed into our ridiculous uniforms. I shimmied out of my jeans and put on the awful blue shorts before I took off my shirt.

“Couldn’t we just skip Mikey?” I asked feeling suddenly annoyed with the idea of physical activity. Sure I loved working out and going for the occasional run but come on public school physical education is just bullshit.

“Can’t you wait until next week to start skipping Ash, at least get through the first five days.” Michael said, pulling his own shirt over his head. I growled and rolled my eyes before I walked out into the gym to join the other students.

We were instructed to either go outside and run the track or stay in and play basketball. Being the superstar athletes we are Michael and I chose basketball. We mostly just dribbled and threw the ball at each other’s heads. I hit Michael in the balls once and after he regained his breath he tried to put me in a headlock. I doubled over in laughter and tried to catch my breath as Michael cussed me up and down. Finally we were free from that awful class and headed to woodshop where we had to be lectured yet again on safety and I fought sleeping for the fifth fucking time this week. When the bell rang I bolted for the door and swung my arm over Michael’s shoulders as we walked towards the lunch room.

“So we gonna party this weekend?” I asked as we grabbed food and searched for a table.

“Nathan Campbell who lives down the street is having his annual beginning of the year bash tomorrow, whole school is invited.” Michael explained and we both slumped onto the bench of the awful cafeteria table.

“Alcohol?” I asked and opened my bag of chips.

“Out the ass man, everyone gets wrecked at Nathan’s parties. His dad owns the largest furniture franchise in the city and they are fucking loaded. He has parties all the damn time.” Michael explained with his mouth halfway full of pizza. I nodded and swallowed my mouthful of food before speaking again.

“Dude I'm so down then.” I said and Michael smirked his evil smirk. His eyes shot over to something behind me and I turned around to see what he was looking at. It was a red haired girl dressed in skinny jeans and a band shirt. She was laughing with her hipster looking friends and Michael was practically drooling. She was pretty but I'm not straight so she’s all Michael’s.

“Her name is Taylor, I’ve been crushing on her for like two years but she’s so stuck up and mouthy.” Michael said and took another mouthful of pizza.

“Sounds like you guys would be a perfect couple.” I smirked and Michael chunked a carrot stick at my face. I raised both my hands up in defense and shrugged.

“Shut the hell up Ash, let’s go to class.” Michael said and we both got up and made our way towards the library. Lunch still had fifteen minutes left but we both hated the loud roar of the lunchroom so we went early to class. Mrs. Tate the librarian was a sweet older lady who absolutely adored the two of us and she reminded me so much of my Grammy back home.

When we walked into the library I noticed a familiar face sitting at a table. He had a textbook open in front of him and was scribbling away at a piece of paper. His eyebrows were pulled together in thought and he had his bottom lip between his teeth. God he was fucking attractive. Even the way his hand moved diligently across the page was hot. Today his hair was up in a quiff out of his face and his beautiful eyes were even more visible. He had on a black sweatshirt on despite the heat outside that he’d worn most of this week not that I noticed. We haven’t talked since the first day of school and I was torn whether that made me happy or irritated.