09 - drastic changes;

Your POV

It's been a few days ever since the news of your acceptance into SOPA. Alot of your loved ones were proud of you, but you didn't feel the same way. You didn't deserve to live so happily. You were always that one person that think there has gotta be a catch to everything that was too good to be true.

Today was the first day of school.
You stood at the entrance, nervously.. you didn't want to go in yet.

Suddenly, somebody dashed past you and your shoulder was hit, making you fall.

"Hey, what the hell was that for?!"
You yelled.

"Sooorry!" He said as his voice trailed off into the distance of the hallway.

"Ugh.. what is with the people here.."

You muttered to yourself.

Just then, an arm reached out to you.

"Hi.."

It was just another student, but she had soft eyes which made her appear innocent-looking.

"Uh.. Hello?"

You held her hand as she brought you up.

"You okay?"

"Mhm." You nodded.

"Oh, right!"

She stepped back as she bowed and inteoduced herself.

"I'm Lee Nayun. What's your name?"

"It's Min Y/N."

"Are you new? I've never seen you here before." She enquired.

"Yes, actually."

She smiled. You were glad that you actually had someone on your first day. Both of you started chatting for awhile when you both started to hear girls screaming.

"IT'S HIM!"

"Make way!"

Nayun looked behind and started squealing.

"Hm? Who's that?" You take a peek and see what all the commotion was about.

It's him.

The person who you wished to see again every day..

Jeon Jungkook.

It's been awhile.

You smiled brightly as he approached you.

He stopped right infront of you.

You stared at his face and thought how much he grew. He became so handsome, to the fact that your heart was beating loudly.

Everybody in the hallway turned their heads to you, whispering to each other.

Jungkook leaned towards your ear, whispering, "Move it, will ya?"

Your eyes widened as you moved away. Your smile faded and stared at him walking through the hallway.

Nayun came running towards you. "So uh, I know you're new and all, but that's one thing you need to know about the school.. It's Jeon Jungkook. He's really popular in here, alot of people are practically  DYING to get close to him.."

You turned to her.

"Do you like him?"
"Hm? Well...he is very popular and if you're friends with him..consider your highschool years the best years."
"So that's a yes?"
"OF COURSE!"

She chuckled.

I can't believe it..does he really not remember me?

He promised that we will be bestfriends forever..

"Are promises really meant to be broken like this.. ?" You muttered to yourself.

You went to your classroom and asked the teacher for some instructions. She told you to wait for a moment until everybody arrived.

You looked at the door as it swung open.

"Morning, Miss Kwon."

"Good morning Jungkook." She replied.

He toom a quick peek at you and he left to his seat. He looked lonely sitting alone.

"Alright class, here we have a new student."

"Um, hello.."

Everybody else looked at you, blankly. Some whispered to each other while looking at you.

You decided to sit at the very last row, where nobody could bother you. You frowned knowing that Nayun isn't in your classroom.

"Ah, Min Y/N, right?"

The teacher went over to your table.

"Go ahead and sit with Jungkook, so that you would see better. I don't want you to doze off at class in your first day."

At first, you felt happy but you just remembered that he doesn't remember who you are anymore.

The whispers got louder.

Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed and his eyes widened.

He then murmured something under his breath.

You sat beside him, shifting yourself a little bit further from him.

Crap..