Devotion

BLISSFUL OBLIVION

An A-Z series of Drastoria one-shots

by EMPG22HoPe

The weight of a family scuffle with Draco's parents leads to long showers, sweet kisses and blissful songs.

Days in the sun will return
We must believe as lovers do

DEVOTION

"Wash my hair for me?" Draco's low voice asked; the sound echoing off the walls of their large bathroom—a contrast to the jets of the shower's waters jouncing off their bodies.

"Such a demanding man. Even in marriage." Astoria giggled as she lathered some shampoo up in her hand, sighing contentedly when she felt him plant a small kiss on her collarbone, the one kiss slowly turning into trails of kisses from there up to her nape, then down her spine.

Today was not a kind day for either of them. If there was anything more stressful about their marriage, it was only the fusion of their families. The first visit was lunch with the Greengrasses. Astoria's father was relentless as always, her mother a little proud and her sister—still sneering but attempting to accept Astoria's new bond. Then it got worst at dinner with the Malfoys when Narcissa and Lucius still tried to find ways to insult Astoria again... again. Their disapproval was probably far worse than her parents are on Draco.

So when Lucius and Narcissa finally left Malfoy manor, it was only her and Draco now. Finally. The fact that they've both managed to survive yet another weekend with either of their parents was a miracle beyond words. And the only way to de-stress from all the drama was to be together, the only comfort they've ever known these days.

"I'm sorry about my parents." She heard him murmur against her skin, just at the nape of her neck. Astoria hummed; turning to meet him. Draco looked to be too old for his still young age. Apparently, it's what all these family dinners do to him. It pained her to see him in such a way.

Her thoughts were shattered when she felt a delightful chill run down her spine at the touch of her husband's lips on her skin once more, planting small kisses on her cheek, forehead and nose. "They can be..."

"A tad bit annoying? Yes, I've known even before we were married. I do remember being told unfit to wed my son." Astoria said in a mocking voice of Narcissa Malfoy before giggling. She lathered her hands up with soap before she placed her soapy hands on Draco's hair.

Astoria heard a small sigh escape her husband's lips as he turned around for her to get a better reach of lathering up his white blonde hair. He always did like having his hair washed, moreover her running her fingers through them.