Grounded

You showed me something that I couldn't see

You opened my eyes and you made me believe

GROUNDED

Astoria waved her wand, casting a quick Reparo to one of the tables that had been smashed into splinters not so many hours ago. As the wood reconnected itself together, she heard the faint snore of Draco from the couch. He moved erratically for the briefest moment, mumbling incoherently before he fell back into the ministration of his snores.

She couldn't help but sigh as she watched him sleep. He truly was quite a mess from where she stood. His blonde hair was tousled about, and his shirt stuck to his chest from the sweat he had produced not many hours ago. If anyone were to look at him now, he seemed almost unrecognizable.

Her head turned towards the window, eyes widening slightly when she saw the sun creep through the dark of the night. The sky illuminated in bits of pink and orange. It was already dawn.

Another sound came from the couch, and Astoria watched as Draco groggily opened his eyes.

"Astoria..." Draco grumbled hoarsely, to which Astoria responded by coming to his side at once.

Draco blinked his grey eyes open, though they were slightly red from all the crying that he'd done when he come home to Malfoy Manor. When he seemed to have come to himself, he bolted from where he lay, causing Astoria to lean back in surprise.

"Astoria!" He exclaimed once he was sat, his head turning to and fro to survey the manor's living room. Then, his eyes landed on hers guiltily. "Astoria... what happened last night..."

"Oh, don't worry about it," Astoria waved a dismissive hand before it settled upon Draco's hands on his lap. "You were very drunk when you got home. You worried me."

Draco frowned wearily. "I'm so sorry about everything. What I said in our fight before I went off..."

"I forgive you," Astoria insisted softly, a small, tired smile gracing her lips afterwards. "Really, it was a silly fight."

He looked like he wasn't quite sure he was ready to believe her, but he nodded nonetheless before one of his hands landed on his forehead. "What happened after I got home?"

Astoria stiffened at his question. Oh, dear... how was she supposed to fabricate a story? She wasn't a very good liar, and Draco could so easily see through her. Her teeth gnashed on her lips all of a sudden as she looked towards the great fireplace of Malfoy Manor, watching the flames dance within.

"Well..."

Three hours ago

There came a great crash from downstairs, causing Astoria to bolt from the bed in surprise. She hastily shoved on her robes to cover her thin nightgown, grabbed her wand from the side table and made quick haste to make it to the living room where the sound was most apparent. When she did arrive, she expected a burglar or possibly the house elf, but she did not expect Draco's drunken appearance.

He was thrashing at whatever he could get his hands on. He threw a vase across the living room, and the ceramic shattered into a million pieces. His entire person was wobbling about, legs weak as he tried to grab his next victim.

Astoria sped towards him and took away the next vase he was about to throw.

"Draco, stop!" Astoria hissed at him a bit too harshly.

Draco looked up at her with his brooding grey eyes. But the whites were quite red, and she was surprised to find that the source of it was through the tears in his eyes.