"For her"

Yuzuru's POV

It pretty much feels like deja vu. I'm waiting to be told to go to the rink to warmup. It feels the same as Wednesday, but the main difference is that she is here, which is good.

"Final group to the rinkside for warmup"

With that being my cue, I go up the stairs and wait with the last group for warmup. I look to see her and this time, I actually see her and her mom sitting in the chairs by the rinkside. She gives me a shy smile and I nod my head to show that I saw her.

"Final group, please take the ice. Your warmup begins now" The announcers say and I take my guards off and give them Brian.

I step on the ice and I skate around for a little while before practicing my jumps. I look over to her to see her watching some of the other skaters. She then turns her head towards me and smiles again. I begin jumping and I feel really good. I land my toe loop perfectly and the crowd went crazy. I land my salchow perfectly and the crowd went even louder. I saw her clapping and smiling. I had to win this. Not for me, but for her. I had to. I promised I would be the Olympic and World Champion in the same year and bring back the medals to her and ask that one special question. The warm up finished and I went back down to wait to be called. I was skating second to the last, so it would be a little while before I skated. As the competition went on, I watched the TV of the other skaters. I kept bouncing my legs up and down carefully watching my competitors. My main competitor however, was Tatsuki and he finished with a score of 282.26. That score was even higher than my Olympic score. I did the math in my head and I needed a 191.02 to win. That score was definitely possible since I did get higher than that at the Grand Prix Final. However, I haven't landed that stupid salchow once this season. I felt so guilty saying to her that I would think of her every time and then fall because she would think it was her fault that I fell. The truth is, even if I tell myself to land the jump for her, I can't seem to do it which always makes me so frustrated. I can't make any big mistakes or else the chance of getting a double title will be gone. If I can't land it or win tonight, I'll never forgive myself. Wait, I shouldn't be thinking like that. Tonight, I'm going to land it with her watching right there.

"Yuzuru Hanyu"

With my thoughts being interrupted, I stand up and go back upstairs to see Han finishing up his routine. I'm listening to my music and I'm waiting to go on the ice. As he skates towards the exit, I take off my earphones and give my iPod to Brian. I stand by the wall to wait for my name to be announced. When it does, I go onto the ice and skate around for a bit and pat my thighs a bit. My breathing is out of control and I need to calm down. It also doesn't help that my back has been killing me ever since yesterday's free practice. However, I had to suck it up and ignore it. As I look at her in the front, I see her tap the necklace I gave her around neck and she whispers, "I love you" to me and I smile and nod. I get into my beginning pose and I whisper "For her", like I always do, before the music starts. I would be lying if I said that the 10 seconds before the salchow isn't the most intense and nerve-wracking 10 seconds of my life. I was going to jump and land it for her. I jumped and as soon as I was in the air, I knew I was going to fall. Damnit. I couldn't land it for her. I was already bracing myself for when my body slams onto the ice. However, when my skate hit the ice, I did everything in my power to stay up on the ice. Even I didn't understand how I managed to stay up. The crowd went wild and I saw in the corner of eye her clapping and yelling. The next jump was the toe loop, which is what I've been struggling on since Wednesday. However, I did it almost perfectly. I made sure I stay focused throughout the flip since that it was one of the jumps I messed up on in the Olympics. But I knew I didn't jump on the correct edge. With the choreography, I tried to imagine myself as Romeo with her as Juliet. I had to fight for her and prove my love to her. I was going to fight through my exhaustion and pain for her. Hearing David's words, I would pretend that I was looking up to her on the balcony. I would always glance once in a while throughout the program to remind myself why I chose this program in the first place. Thank God she was in the front where I could see her. With the triple lutz combination, I landed my lutz so off that I knew I wouldn't be able to complete it. I felt my heart sink so quickly and the sight of the gold fading. However, I remembered her face and fought to make sure I got that triple salchow. When I landed the final lutz, I wanted to yell so badly. A yell signifying relief and pain. I did my Ina Bauer, making sure I saw her while I was doing it. It looked like, she was crying. As I got to the final spin, I felt like I was going to collapse from exhaustion, but I know I had to finish strong. A mistake on a spin could be the difference between gold and silver. As, I finished the routine and went into my ending pose, I saw her quickly stand up clapping. She was crying, but smiling at the same time.

-------

Your POV

As he did his Ina Bauer, you couldn't help but cry. It was just so emotional. As he did his final spin, you were already standing up and clapping, not caring if anyone looked at you oddly. When he did his final pose, you were crying. He laid on the ice, bowing, for a little while before he gets back up. He smiled and you and you smiled back. You threw a rose and you hugged your mom. She looked she was crying a bit too. You told her about how you confessed everything to him and she said it was about time. He skated off the ice and sat in the K&C alone since Brian had to be with Javi. You calculated what he needed to get which was a 191.02. Even if he didn't win, you would still be happy and proud of him no matter what. He put his heart, soul and pretty much everything into that performance. You told him you would be proud if he did his best and he certainly did more than that. You were shaking and holding your mom's hand while waiting to hear his score. You felt the butterflies in your stomach. Did he do enough to win?

"Yuzuru has a received a score of..."

You close your eyes.

"191.35 with a total score of 282.59 currently putting him in 1st place"

You hear the crowd go wild and you open your eyes to see him jumping up and down. You cover your mouth with your hand and begin to cry again.

"Honey, he did it!" Your mom says to you an hugs you

He did it. Again.

"Oh my god! I can't believe this! I'm so happy for him" You say while smiling.

"But there is still Javi" Your mom reminds you

"Wow, way to kill the mood mom" You say as you wipe your eyes and she laughs.

"Sorry. But, don't worry. Yuzu has got this in the bag"

You nod in agreement as you watch Yuzu clapping and yelling for Javi. You watch as he slowly turns his head in your direction and gives you the biggest smile ever. You can't help but smile back and give him a thumbs up. As Javi did his program, you cheered him on since he was your friend. When he got his score, he was in 3rd place and Yuzuru was still in 1st. It was official. He was the Olympic and World Champion in the same year. So much has happened this past year for him and you. You heard the announcers say that the medal ceremony would be soon and that's when it happens. You feel sharpest pain in your head and you felt like you were go throw up. The arena was spinning and your vision was getting blurry. It was hard to breathe and you weren't sure what was happening.

"Mom.. Hospital.. Now" You croak out to her

"What?! Honey, what's wrong?!" She asks with a panic tone

"Hospital.. Now" You repeat

------------------------------------------------------

CLIFFHANGERRRRR AGAIN AHHHHHHHHH. Sorry guys (: And sorry it took so long to update, but school was stressful and my season for cheer started so yup. But I'm on break now so yay! My school's winterball was last night and it was.... absolutely horrible i hated it why did i even spend $65 omfg im never going to another social event ever lol. But the last chapter got way more reads than the one before it and I posted it a week later lol. You guys must really like that chapter (: Anyway, I hope you guys liked this chapter! Sorry it's a little short! Tell me what you guys think about it! (: Oh and maybe I'll update on Christmas for you guys! Okay bye! 

I apologize for any grammatical errors or typos

Instagram: yuzu_michael

Tumblr: yuzuru-michael.tumblr.com