Chapter 10

"Hello Camille! Very pleased to meet you!" Zane's mother greeted me with a large toothy smile as I entered her house with Zane. She looked incredibly young, so young she looked as if she were my sister's age. There was barely a wrinkle on her. I guess this will happen to me, too, barely aging because I'm a vampire. I don't really know how to deal with that.

"Hi...nice to meet you. I'm not actually-" I started to say, but was cut off by Zane.

"Let's go have dinner shall we!" Zane exclaimed while pushing me toward where his dining room apparently was. I sat down on a chair next to Zane, with his parents across from us.

I peered around the room while Zane's mother brings in the dinner. The place was actually pretty modern. I was expecting something the place to be a medieval dungeon, not at all what this place looked like. White walls with some family pictures and some paintings were hung up. We were sitting at an oak table. They had a flat screen hung up on the wall. 

It then dawned on me that this family was rich.

Well, richer than my family.

"So Camille, tell us about yourself." Zane's father said while taking a sip from his wine glass, full with a deep red liquid that looked too thick to be just wine. His piercing gold eyes shot bullets through my head. He was a stern guy, no doubt about it.

"Well, I don't really know how to explain myself. I'm seventeen. I'm a senor in high school. I live with my mom." I replied somewhat nervously, tend to get nervous in situations like these, even though there was no good reason to be nervous.

"She has no friends." Chimed a female voice. Valerie. I'm not really surprised she dislikes me now. She had a smile on her face that I couldn't decipher. Was she joking or did she just dislike me?

"Valerie, you shouldn't say things like that to guests. That isn't true, right dear?" Zane's mother chided.

"It isn't. I have some friends." I responded quietly.

"That's nice. What are your interests?" Zane's father speaks to me again, still taking small sips of his drink.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but, Camille here isn't actually my girlfriend.." Zane interrupted as quickly as he could. Both of his parents shot him a look of frustration. Valerie just grins. Bitch.

"Then what is she and why is she a vampire?" His father growled with barring his teeth. His fangs were fully extended, something that probably happened to him when he was provoked.

"He bit me on accident, sir, I'm sorry." I apologized, not really sure if I was apologizing for Zane or for myself.

"It's not your fault, dear." Zane's mother said to me.

"Well then, we should start this dinner Roxanne made us before it gets cold." Zane's father said, while sitting back down in his chair. He didn't take his eyes off Zane and me.

Tonight wasn't going to be easy. I just know it. I peer down at the plate in front of me, filled with rice and steak and vegatables. I didn't want to eat now. Zane's father has me unsettled and how his anger quickly disappeared has me scared. I know this man doesn't like me by the way he looks at me.

Am I really that unlikeable?

The dinner Zane's mother, who insisted I call her Roxanne, made was actually pretty good, even though it took me a bit longer than everyone else to eat it. Over the table there was a little bit of small talk, but not any real conversations. My visit has become a complete waste. I'm on Zane's father's bad side, which isn't good.

Zane was on the couch of their living room, watching some cop television show, and his parents had went to their room to, while Valerie was up in her room. I was going to leave after going to the bathroom. I walked down the hallway to see row after row of pictures, none of which were very good quality. They had to be pretty old. I was about to walk into the bathroom when I heard voices, loud and clear. It must be that I have increased hearing from this vampire thing. I look around and I don't see anyone around me. It must be coming from Zane's parent's room.

It's not like me to eavesdrop, but how could I not when it's all I hear?

"How could we not see it, Roxanne? That girl is much too...unattractive to have been with Zane." Zane's father said. Ouch. That's a low jab.

"Don't say that. She seems nice enough." Roxanne insisted.

There was a long pause after that.

"The Council will want to know about her, Roxanne." Zane's father said, sounding agitated.

"I know they will. They'll probably question her if they get their hands on her." Roxanne replied, sounding much different from when I had met her. She sounded as strict as her husband.

Question me? For what? And what's this vampire Council all about?

"She'll be fine. Its not like we have to be worried about anything." Zane's father said, sounding less angry.

"But you know how they...dislike our family. And they're not too fond of bitten-formed vampires either." Roxanne replied. She sounded really worried. 

Now I feel bad. I don't want to feel bad. Its partially my fault she's worried too. 

I should back away from this conversation before they here and I get in trouble. But Zane's father says to Roxanne, "Let's not inform anyone of her, okay? I guess you could say she is the family's secret." 

I start to walk away, sort of calmed by Zane's father's words. I guess for now everything will be fine. I walked over to the couch Zane was reclining on and tap him lightly on the shoulder. 

"I'm gonna leave now." I said to him. He just nods nonchatantly to me.

"Stay safe." He replied, not even looking in my direction. 

"Wow, that's rude. You invite me to your house and you can't even walk me home. What a gentleman you are." I sarcastically said while turning on my heels to the door.

"Good night to you too." He replied, turning the television volume up a few notches. He just wants to tune me out. 

I now see why Skylar liked him.

He's a jerk.

___________________________

Author's Note

Wow, this is the first time in awhile I've rembered to do an author's note. So I know I don't update alot. I've barely updated at all this summer, and I'm so sorry! I really hope you guys can forgive me.

I can't gurantee I'll be able to add new chapters every week, but I'll try my hardest :)

Oh, and before I forget, keep an eye out for a new story I'm writing. I hope you guys will like it, because I've put alot of thinking into it.

On the side is Camille. She is one of those girls who dislikes the way she looks and isn't model pretty. But I personally think that she really is beautiful. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people may find her pretty, some may not. 

I'd also like to talk about the way Camille dresses. Camille's a little bit of a hipster to me. She prefers t-shirts and jeans more than anything else. I think she starts to dress more and more hipster as her vampire transformation goes on. So yeah. But this is my imagination. You can imagine the characters any way you want :)

I'll probably include a picture of another character in the next chapter. I'm not sure who, but I was thinking either Jacob or Zane. So I want you guys to leave in your comment who you want to be next(it can be any character introduced so far, not just Jacob or Zane) and I'll include it :)