Chapter 6

Since I had passed out on the bathroom floor, I had to go home. The school called my mother, even though I told them multiple times I was fine. I still smelt like food. The nurse acknowledged that the whole time I was in her office. Like seriously, I know I rank of food, no need to constantly look at me and hold your nose.

Finally my mom picked me up after sitting in the nurses office, basically rotting. The second stepped out that office, I was sure that nurse pulled out some Febreze just to get that smell out. I was glad to be out. I was still hungry, even though the nurse loaded me up on some food. Everything BUT meat. Oh joy.

I yanked myself out of my thoughts and began walking towards my mom's van. She was a soccer mom, and a very busy one at that. She had to leave in the middle of my brother's soccer game to come get me. She was obviously pissed for having to leave. Charlie was always her favorite.

"So, Camille, why did you start that food fight?" My mom asked me calmly while driving out the school driveway.

"Skylar. All she has been doing is bothering me. She stuck a hamburger down my damn shirt, for now reason!" I nearly yelled to her. She wouldn't believe me. She never believes me.

"That wasn't what your principle said." She says back to me, keeping her cool completely. "He said that YOU, Camille Alexis Nichols, started it. I don't understand why you constantly have to lie to me." She finishes, obviously sort of irritated.

"God, whatever mom. Believe some stranger and not your own daughter." I roll my eyes at her. What a wonderful mother.

"I happen to know Mr. Hughes very well, for your information." She replies back snarkily.

"GOD, Mother, please explain what you mean by knowing him very well.." I said, the digesting thought of my mother..doing it with my principle, creeping along the back of my head. Oh. My. God. Please, please, don't tell me that she did it with-

"We dated." She said to me, a little smirk on her face.

"OH DEAR MOTHER OF GOD!!" I screeched. "Please..please don't tell me y-you did anything." I said trying to restrain myself. Then a thought popped into my head. "IS HE DANIELLA'S FATHER?!"

"NO! Well, yes, we did something.." She said, restraining giggles. "Ahem, anyway, you are going to be having detention for the next few weeks, I see no point in grounding you." The car stops in our driveway.

"Get out. I'm going back for the rest of Charlie's game." She said to me.

"Where's Daniella?" I asked her, getting out the van and shutting the door

She rolls down one of the windows of the van,"With one of Charlie's friend's mother. She's fine. Bye." Then the car drives out of the driveway, and down the road the direction opposite from where we came.

I don't care if it was a past fling, I'm scarred for life now knowing my mother and my principle did..things. I slowly walk up to the front door, trembling, and then push my key into the lock, and open the door. I slink down on the ground, extremely tired. I pull myself upstairs to the bathroom, and pull off my clothes and fill the tub with water. I need a soak to calm my nerves.

Slinking into that bathtub was amazing. My body loosened up and I wasn't tense any more. I just sat there and started to think. Why would Jacob just deflect so quickly to the other side? The popular side. I guess it can just be in people's genes. I reached over at the radio near the tub, and the first station I heard was playing "She Will Be Loved." Yeah, like some guy would actually stand outside in the rain for some frumpy ginger like me.

I guess I'm okay in the looks department. My face looks empty and hollow with my glasses. My lips are too thin. My hair is an ugly shade of red, and it looks extremely fake, even though it's my natural color. My teeth are fine, but the could be better. I own literally no boobs, if you count a B cup boobs. I don't have a butt either. Basically I am a stick. I'm not curvy in anyway. My older sister was blessed with the good looks. She had blonde hair like my mother. She had perfect hair, perfect teeth, full lips, bigger boobs than mine, AND a butt.

She's everything I'm not in the looks department.

The doorbell ringing made me stop thinking. Maybe if I just stay here, the person will just go away and think nobody is home, cause I don't want to get out this tub. The bell rang once, twice, then three times. I just sat there silently. The person rang the bell another twenty seven times before I shouted "I'm coming, hold on." I yanked on the first robe I saw and ran to the door.

My mouth dropped open when I saw who answered the door. I slammed the door right his face.

"Hey! I'm not here to bite you again." He said to me. That same guy from last night. That gorgeous one with the golden eyes and jet black hair. The..vampire guy.

"And how the hell are you going to convince me that you're not here to?" I said to him, tightening the robe.

"Open the door and see." He said to me calmly. I was getting compelled to. I didn't want to, but I had to. I slowly creaked the door open so I could only see a slither of his face. His skin was tanner, unlike last night when it looked almost as white as mine, but other than that, he looked exactly the same. The glimmering golden eyes locked with my green ones.

He was being sincere. He wouldn't hurt me. He wouldn't bite me. Those eyes said everything. I opened the door open wide enough for him to come in.

"Then what do you want?" I asked him.

"To talk." He said to me, his eyes going down to my robe. I looked down at it too, and sure enough it said "I have the boobs, I make the rules" right across my chest. DEAR GOD, MOM, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

"Its my mom's..I was taking a bath." I said awkwardly crossing my arms across my chest. He smiles at me, a genuine smile.

"That's fine." He sounded like and average guy. Maybe seventeen or eighteen. His voice wasn't all that deep, but it was deep enough for me to like. He sat down on the couch in the living room, patting the space beside him. I wearily sat next to him, still crossing my arms.

"So..can you explain why you decided to randomly bite mien the middle of the street?" I asked him, changing my position in the chair.

"I hadn't had any blood in two weeks. That's the longest I've ever gone without it. I was going to die any second. Then a few minutes before I found this dead dear, I think, had some of it's blood, but I was still really hungry. That's why I was so pale. Normally I have olive skin, like I do now." He said looking down at the couch, his hair covering his eyes. "I'm really sorry I had to go and do it. It's just my instincts came over me." He looked back up at me, his eyes looked genuinely sorry.

"So what you're saying is that I'm a vampire, right?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

"Have you had any blood yet?" He said to me, his attention shifting around the room. He was curious about something. "Cause when you first become a vampire, you need as much blood as possible, then as your progress you can take less and less. I only have blood twice a week. My family doesn't believe in hurting humans."

"No, I haven't. I think that's why I passed out today." I said, my stomach grumbling as I said it. Hearing this, he brings his wrist up to his mouth. His mouth opened, and those sharp teeth he had last night weren't there, but instead he had regular teeth. In less then a second his sharp teeth swtched with the normal ones and he punctures a little hole in his wrist. He pushed it front of my face. "Here, have some. I don't want you hurting your famiky or anything for their blood.

The blood was trickling down from the whole. I just sat there and stared at it. "Come on, hurry uo before it closes up." I bent my head and began to lap up the blood. I could feel the life come back into my cheeks. I raised my head and wiped my mouth with the bac of my hand, and as i did that the holes disappeared.

"Thanks, I guess.." I said to him. He smiles, his sharp teeth are already gone.

"You'll get your fangs soon enough, then you can find blood. But for now, I thinks that's enough to last you a few days. Call me if you have any questions, cause I have to leave." He said writing his number down on a piece of paper with a pen from his pocket. He started walking out the door when I stop him.

"Wait, how did you find me?" I ask him.

"Your smell. I can smell you from a mile away. You smell a lot like food." He says to me, laughing, walking out the door.

Damn, I still smell.