Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Anyone who likes it! <3

Walking home on nights like these always freaked me out. The streets were empty which almost never happens, and the sky look bleak and gloomy. I would always have to walk home by myself because school was finished, but most of the time I'd walk home from tutoring, or my school's Mathlete program in the evenings, when the sun would set.

Nights like these where when my older sister, who's in college now, would tease me when we were younger saying that vampires, werewolves, monsters, and crap like that would come out and kill little kids. I never listened to the line of BS. What crazy person believed in that?

I kept walking down the road that led to my house, for some reason it felt ten times longer than it usually did, abnormally. I pushed my glasses up higher on my nose. These things never stay on, cause there so freaking big!

The wind was blowing incessantly and it sounded like screaming. Its amazing how weird sounds can be. The strangest part about the night is that it felt as if I was being watched. I turned to look behind me, but all I saw was darkness. That's what made nights like that even more freaky. You just want to run away screaming from something that you can't even see.

I could smell something not too far away...was that blood? It sure smelled like it, and it starting smelling more and more until the only thing I could really smell was blood. Not the warm air, or the smell of smoke faint in the distance.

"Hello there, darling." I heard an overly friendly voice chant from behind me. I turned around to see nothing but the same dark path I came from. I shook it off, and kept walking down the road. It felt extremely long even though it usually took a few minutes to walk down it. Weird...

Then I stopped in my tracks, when I felt a piercing cold hand land on my shoulder. I could feel the cold on my skin, and it gave me goosebumps on the spot. How could someone be this cold? Nights in Florida are always warm, especially in Orlando. I looked down at the hand, then the person it was coming from.

I just stood there gawking at this insanely gorgeous, yet pale guy looking down at me with golden eyes that looked completely unreal. His jet black hair fell over one of his eyes, and it looked ruffled. He flashed a smile at my, but, insanely enough, his teeth were completely stained, like drenched, with something red.

Then that smell of blood pounded me right in the face. I looked at his teeth, seeing his dog teeth, being extremely shark, like fangs.

"Tell me something dear, do you believe in vampires?" This mysterious figure said while licking the red of his teeth.

"Ummm...no, I don't that's ridiculous." I said to him. He looked so nice, but if there is one thing know is that looks can be deceiving.

I felt his cold hand grab my arm tensely. "Is that so...I guess I'll have to show you how real they can be." he said sort of menacingly. His mouth opened so I could see his teeth completely. I felt like a frog was wadding into my throat. I was starting to get very nervous. I tried to get out of his grip, but it seemed completely impossible.

His mouth started getting colder to my throat, and the closer he got I squirmed even more, trying to get away, but that grasp was just too strong for me. I opened my mouth to try and scream, but before I could get out a squeak, his hand, was grasped around my mouth, and I felt two sharp things piercing down into my skin. I just kept squirming, until I finally bit his hand, making him stay away from me. His mouth was almost covered in blood, and he didn't yet seem satisfied. He just stalked off in the other direction, disappearing into the darkness.

After that, I ran home, but while running, it felt like it actually took less than a minute. I opened the front door of my house, then slammed the door behind me. I pulled my shivering hand up to the same spot that guy bit me, almost freezing when I felt two holes in my skin. I ran up to my room, and looked at my reflection in the mirror. I looked extremely pale, and shook up for sure. I looked at the two holes in the mirror. I was bleeding, two red streaks falling down my neck.