Chapter 30:

Emily pulled up to the Stilinski household, the strong smell of burgers and fries filled her car. She grabbed the bag with the food inside before stepping out of her car and shut the door. Before she could walk up the driveway, the screeching sound of tires caused her to look over and watched as Scooby practically jumped off his bike with scarf boy in tow. "What are you doing here?"

"Did Stiles call you?" Scott asked frantically, his eyes wide with worry. "Is he here?"

"He should be. I went to go buy some food while he slept." She said, not understanding why he looked so worried. "Why?"

"He called me telling me that he was in trouble and that he wanted me to find him." He told her in panic. "He said that he was bleeding."

Emily focused her hearing inside the house and could hear a couple of heartbeats inside the house and knew that the sheriff was working. "There's someone inside the house." She muttered dropping the bag of food before rushing inside with the two werewolves quickly rushing in after her. She stopped at Stiles bedroom door, suddenly feeling anxious when she saw her best friend and Aiden there. "Please, tell me this isn't one of those feelings."

"It was more like a whisper than a feeling." Lydia said, taking notice of how this made her best friend look more anxious.

Just then Scott and Isaac were behind the vampire, eyeing all the red strings attached to the pictures on the wall connecting to the pair of scissors embedded in the bed. Aiden sighed beside Lydia. "Don't ask. It gets more confusing when you ask."

"He only uses red for an unsolved case." Emily said in low tone. She saw her phone that she had forgotten and picked it up, there was so many missed calls and clenched her jaw. The guilt forming a knot in her stomach.

"Or he's part of an unsolved case." Aiden said.

Isaac scoffed. "Or is an unsolved case."

"Hold on." Lydia cut in before her best friend killed Isaac for his lack of tact. "Is he still out there? You don't know where he is?"

Scott swallowed. "He said he was in an industrial basement somewhere. We came here to get a better scent."

"What else did he say?"

"Something's wrong with his leg. It's bleeding." He said.

Isaac glanced at the alpha. "And he's freezing."

"Tonight's the coldest night of the year." Aiden suddenly said. "It's going to drop into the 20s."

"What did you tell the sheriff?" Emily asked him and noticed how he looked nervous. She narrowed her eyes at him. "You didn't tell him that his son is bleeding out there somewhere and freezing to death?!"

"He made me promise not to." Scott tried to reason, even though he knew it was wrong not tell Stiles father. "We can find him by scent. If he was sleepwalking he couldn't have gotten far, right?"