Chapter 5:

Chapter 5:

The three were left waiting for news from Derek and Scott, the beta having returned Stiles' numerous calls to inform him that Boyd and Cora (Derek's sister) had been let out of the vault

Emily glanced away from the two males that were pacing anxiously as she looked at the message on her phone from Lydia, her brows furrowing. "Uh, I think that Boyd and Cora might have already killed someone." She said bluntly after reading the message that her best friend left her.

"What?!" Stiles basically squawked at her revelation and read the message from the strawberry blonde.

She hummed, taking a couple steps back as she began heading towards the door

She hummed, taking a couple steps back as she began heading towards the door. "Yeah, I'm going to go check on Lydia." She told him, opening the door to leave.

"Wait!" He called out, quickly scrambling after her. "I'm going too!"

She continued walking, stepping onto the elevator as she eyed him as he stepped in after her and she pushed the button. She leaned against the railing, feeling his staring and felt a pang of annoyance spike within her. "What?" She demanded, glaring at him.

Stiles pursed his lips at her tone. "Why were you looking for Derek?" He asked.

"It's none of your business." She told him in a snippy tone, really disliking how slow this elevator was moving.

"Okay..." He muttered, shifting on the balls of his feet. "Hows Eli?" He winced at how weird and awkward he sounded.

He notice the slight tensing of her shoulders, she didn't look at him. "Wouldn't know. He and I aren't talking right now." She muttered.

He made an 'O' expression with a small nod, letting the silence consume them. He hated how awkward the tension was between them. Before she would have told him why her and Eli weren't talking and about why she needed to see Derek. But, now... it was obvious that she was hiding something from him. She was keeping secrets.

And maybe it was because he was worried about her but he was also a naturally curious person. He wanted to know what was going on with her. There was obviously something eating away at her and he intended to figure it out.