Let me kill him

“He really is an evil man, isn’t he?” Death whispered, his breath dancing along my neck, as I watched my boyfriend of two years kiss another woman less then fifteen hours after my death. I noticed that the dull-throb in my heart, the aching pain I didn’t quite know what to do with, eased as I thought of his own blood splattered against her creamy skin.

I shuttered, feeling Death’s moist tongue brush my neck as he licked his lips.

“How can he move on so quickly, after he did that to you? Do you remember dear Nina?” His voice was so sickly sweet, like he was talking about a newborn not my murder.

He always decorated so beautifully, a room filled with cold, snowy color and soft yellows.

Simon was a good cook too. That night, he had made me stuffed chicken and mushrooms on a bed of rice. He was even kind enough to buy my favorite ice-tea while he drank wine.

That night, he’d asked me to marry him, placed the ring upon a slice of red velvet cake, a ring that had probably cost him thousands of dollars.

“No…” I whispered.

“No.” He repeated, looking startled. He gripped his wineglass tightly, taking in a big swing.

“I’m sorry Simon….I’m just –“

“No!” He repeated angrily, forging the wineglass entirely and just grabbing the bottle. “How could you say 'no' to me?” He placed the bottle to his lips and began gulping.

This wasn’t the Simon I knew. “Simon, I’m just no –“

“Haven’t I been a good boyfriend to you?” He shouted.

“I’m not-,” He rocketed to his feet, lunging across the table. He grabbed me by the neck shaking me roughly.  “S-stop…”

“What if I just said ‘no!’” he screamed at me.

I couldn’t breath –

My truelove was killing me.

But it wasn’t until he slammed my head onto the edge of the table –

That he’d finished murdering me.

The anger in me was creating a pleasant buzz. Death placed his chin on my shoulder, “Poor Nina dear,” I could almost see him lick his lips.

“But don’t worry, dear,” he whispered in my ear, “It won’t be long now.”

I turned my head to him. “I want to do it now!” I hissed at him.

“Want to what?”

“I want to kill him now!”