Broken Ice

As you woke up, you tried to move and stretch your body out, but you felt something heavy over you. You opened your eyes and realised you were lying in Loki's arms, with your legs tangled together. As the memories of last night came back to you, you carefully put your head back on his chest, and snuggled up closer to him, breathing in his scent. You closed your eyes with a small smile, and just listened to his heartbeat with his chest slowly rising up and down under you.

Your mind slowly drifted back to a half-sleeping state, while you were thinking about the two of you. This was now definitely more than friendship, you were closer than that. His words from yesterday in the library implied that he had feelings for you too. Though you felt early to say that you were a couple now, you've never been happier in your life before. Everything seemed to be perfect.

You woke up from your half-dream, as Loki started to move under you:

"Morning, love. Did you sleep well?" he murmured with a cute, sleepy face. He was so adorable, you couldn't hide your smile.

"Well, I usually don't wake up every morning with a handsome god in my bed," you purred with a playful smile.

"You don't? What a shame! I'll see what can I do to fix this," he whispered in your ear then he stroked down your cheeks with his soft lips, finding his way to yours. You wrapped your arms around his neck and pulled him closer, deepening the kiss. At first, it was slow and loving, as your tongues danced together, exploring each others mouth. Then it became more hungry, lustful and needy as the tension was growing.

You only broke apart for a second to catch your breath, and Loki was just about to climb on top of you when his skin suddenly turned blue, and his eyes became red rubies.

When he realised this, he jumped out of the bed and transformed into his armour.

"Wha- what happened?" you asked confused by his sudden change of act.

"Quick, your armour! Or transform into muspel, if that's more effective! Frost giants must be in our very close range, we're in danger!" he said as he put on his beautiful, golden helmet and rushed outside. You climbed out of the bed and rushed after him, turning into a fire giant.

As you stood next to him, you saw them: two frost giants were descending from the hill nearby and headed in your direction. Your numbers were equal, but the two giants were enormous. Even bigger than the royal guards of Surtur. You were in big trouble again.

"One mine, one yours?" you looked at the demigod beside you.

"Just be careful, and don't let it touch you. It will be ten times worse than when you touched me," he gave you a worried look.

"Noted," you nodded. "Let the dance begin!" You took up fighting position with a battle axe in your hand, as the giants got close enough.

The frost giant came at you with huge force. You rolled away from his strike and shot a fireball into his shoulder. His arm melted at the joint and fell to the ground. 'This will be easy!' you thought, but then you saw it's arm grow back in no time. 'Shit!' It rushed at you again, but this time you were prepared. You dodged it with a graceful move and hit it hard with your axe. It seemed to cause no damage since the beast's limbs grew back instantly.

"Is there a way to kill these things? It grows back every single piece I cut off!" You shouted at Loki's direction while backing away, keeping your distance from the raging giant.

"Target the head!" he shouted back, as he continued his dance with the other bloodthirsty monster.

As it lunged forward again, you slipped and fell to the ground. You managed to roll away just in time, so his fist didn't smash your skull. You quickly shot back a fireball, gaining yourself some time to stand up. Suddenly, you realised, you both were standing on the frozen surface of the lake.