Jotunheim

The next morning, before the first rays of sunshine had peaked over the horizon, Loki and you teleported to Jotunheim, the Land of Ice and Snow. Home of the frost giants, and their long-gone ruler, Laufey. The frozen land was now in Laufeyson's possession, though he never liked this place and had nothing in common with the inhabitants.

The land was frozen and dead as far as eyes could see. The ground was covered with deep, fresh snow and the strong, icy wind was howling like it wanted to sweep the world away. Everything was frozen and cold. Giant mountains rose to the sky made by massive amounts of shiny, blue ice. In the valleys of the mountains were sparkling, frozen lakes and rivers. Everything was still, the only movement belonged to the snow carried away by the wind.

Your enthusiasm faded away as you saw this realm. You realised you couldn't really stand the cold, and you hated snow. A challenging week was ahead of you. Fortunately, you spent the first day in the huge ice castle, that once belonged to Laufey, and now was Loki's. He wanted to show you the place because it was a fine piece of art and this way you spent one day less out in the cold.

After you settled in your room, you wandered around the castle. Everything was made of ice, but surprisingly none was cold. It was more like a building made of glass, rather than ice. You tried to take in every glimpse of that breathtaking, beautiful fairytale castle. As you were wandering through the huge ballrooms and corridors, you heard Loki calling your name. He was in the library, with two steaming cups of tea.

"Come, I made you some hot tea." A wide smile spread across his face, as he led you to a big couch facing the window.

You both curled up on the sofa, and as he put an arm around you, you were leaning against him. You held the hot mug with both hands, enjoying the warmth spreading across your fingers. You looked out the window, and the beautiful landscape amazed you: the sapphire blue, sparkling surface of a frozen lake down in the valley. From the warm room, the scene seemed so calm and silent.
Loki's soft voice broke the flow of your thoughts:

"I want to apologise. For yesterday. I had some time to think about my actions, and I was acting unacceptably."

"No, you- " you tried to disagree, but he didn't let you.

"Let me finish, please. So, I feel ashamed because I was the one, who doubted you and hurt you, yet we ended up with you explaining yourself and apologising to me. And I am sorry for this." His words made the little butterflies in your stomach flutter, and you blushed.

"Yes, I think you're having a pattern with this," you teased him. "But I appreciate and accept your apology," you gave him a reassuring smile and squeezed his hand. His face was radiating with happiness.

With a snap of his fingers, he made your empty mugs go away and started to gently stroke your arm. His touch made you tingle and gave you a shiver down your spine. He rested his chin on top of your head. You wrapped your arm around his torso, buried your face in the drape of his clothes, and breathed in his scent. The two of you sank into a happy silence, not saying a word. Everything was peaceful and quiet around you, and you felt safe in his strong arms. You were sitting in this happy, cosy silence for minutes, but finally, he broke it:

"You know, I think these marks symbolise us perfectly," he lifted up your forearm, showing the small, blue burnmark. He carefully touched it, making you shiver a bit under the touch of his soft fingertips.

"What do you mean it symbolises us?" you asked with arching an eyebrow at him. That 'us' could mean so many things, but you were hoping for a certain one.

"Well, it reminds me of that when we get close to each other, we often argue or hurt each other, and yet we're still bound together," he lifted his arm with the similar red burnmark and placed it next to yours. They were perfectly symmetric.

"So, it's like we're having matching tattoos?" you teased playfully.

"You and your stupid mortal jokes..." he let out a small laugh. "Anyway, I find it interesting that it was made right when we first met. I wonder if it's fate or something else..." his words were so fluttering, your cheeks became deep red, and your heart was racing like a maniac.

When he noticed the effects of his words, a mischievous smile spread across his face. He stood up, and offered you an arm:

"Since we have the whole day here, I thought of giving you a proper tour around the place. Will you come, my lady?" Your blush deepened as you took his arm and started to walk around the beautiful, sparkling castle.

The next day you left the palace and set your camp up in the frozen land. Loki chose the lakeside that you saw from the library on the previous day. From close up it seemed more dangerous and threatening. This camp was more built-up than the last one thanks to the deadly and cold weather. You brought a big tent, comfortable for two. By the entrance of it, you set up a fireplace to cook on, and to get warmth and light from at night. In the afternoon the demigod and you scouted around the area, securing the camp. Unlike the firefolk, the frost giants wandered everywhere in the land, so you had to be prepared.

While roaming in the knee height snow, you turned into your muspel form, melting everything around you. There was no coat that could have stopped your body from shaking in the cold, so it was just easier to be on fire constantly. Loki unwittingly turned into his Jotun form as well in the cold environment. If anyone could see you, would have thought what a strange couple you were. The tall, black-haired frost giant with his ruby eyes, accompanied by a flaming fire giant. You liked this idea and sometimes imagined the Avengers reactions if they could see you...

The only bad thing about this setup was that your skins couldn't touch. You couldn't give a helping hand to the other on a slippy hill, or simply just hug each other. You missed these simple things, but at the end of the day, you turned back to human anyway. This was because the tent would burn down in minutes by your smallest touch. Because the tent separated him from the cold environment Loki was human too in there.

The night was a hell of suffering. No matter how many blankets and clothes were on you, your body was uncontrollably shaking, and you almost froze to death. Your limbs were numb, and sleep just couldn't find you. Loki must have heard you struggling because he sat up in his sleeping bag:

"You can't sleep?" he asked with a sleepy voice.

"No, I feel like I'm freezing to death. Sorry, if I woke you," you whispered in his direction.

"Don't be. Do you want me to go over and try to warm up?" His offer was unexpected, and it made your stomach jump.

"If you don't mind," you replied shyly.

Loki climbed under your huge pile of blankets and curled up around you. His whole body was pressed up against your back, you could feel the warmth coming from him. He gently started to rub your arm, filling it with life again.

"Better?" he whispered as your body slowly stopped shaking.

"Yes, thank you. Would you stay with me, until I fall asleep?" you murmured already half asleep. His presence and warmth comforted you.

"I'll stay as long as you want me to." He placed a small kiss on the back of your head, and you both fall asleep...