Come Back to California, chapter 04

04.

Sunday,

It had been more than a week since he last saw Ellie at her company. Hot Chelle Rae was kind of having a small break before starting to work on their next single, which included many things that Ryan could never get used to (despite the fact that he and the rest went through the process for many times). Strangely, during a break, he usually slept in terribly late, yet he woke up early today, if you said nine were early. Crawling out of his bed, he went into the bathroom and took a short shower, hoping hot water could wear off his hangover from the party last night.

Suddenly he heard some female voice downstairs. Quickly dried himself, he put on his tee and pants and ran downstairs to see who was wandering in his house. To his own surprise, before he found out who that person was, he found his living room was strangely clean, enough to make him think he was still having some kind of hangover. As far as he could remember before he completely passed out last night, the place was in a complete wreck. Mentioning that, he was in his bed this morning, not in the middle of the hallway or half hanging on the stairs like usual. And he found no sign of Nash, Ian or Jamie either. Normally they lied around the house like dead fish as he always joked the morning after. He never partied that hard before he broke up with Ellie. He guessed she did more damage to his life more than any previous girlfriends of his did.

Mentioning that...

'Seriously I will kill someone if I have to come to another fitting in this month. I love my job but I'm sick of fixing clothes and stuff. You know I have never ever ever ever ever ever seen that many of clothes in my whole life! Ever!'

Ryan found himself smiling happily when he found Ellie was in his kitchen, making some waffles and talking on the phone. This image was so familiar to him about half a year ago. And he just simply missed the way she put too many 'ever's in a sentence.

'I know, I know, Cooper. But what can I do? It's my collection. But I just want to ruin your beautiful and calm Sunday morning so I called you. Wait, you're on set this weekend, right? And for the next two weeks. I've finished my work at my studio already so maybe I'll drop by at your set tomorrow. I know you miss my quickie sandwiches.' She laughed on the phone with Bradley Cooper, again.

Ryan stopped smiling. Although she was in his house, which she has no reason to be, she still showed her emotions towards that guy. He thought she came to do something with their relationship because he knew Ellie only came to his place and made waffles this early when she wanted to discuss something.

'Right, see you tomorrow. Good luck filming, Cooper.'

She turned around to put her Bluetooth mic next to her phone on the table.

'Oh, morning. I didn't wake you, did I?' Ellie smiled. She did not expect Ryan woke up this early. She planned on making them waffles and left since she really could not face him. What Bradley said was right, but she missed him and she could not resist her desire to see him.

'Why are you here, at this hour?' Ryan walked into the kitchen.

'Actually I was here last night. Nash and Jamie came over at my place in a drunken mode and freaked me out terribly last night. You should keep Jamie away from the wheel I have to warn you.' She shrugged, putting some hot waffles on the table where Ryan was sitting. 'Chocolate or strawberry?'

'Either.' He replied, picking up a knife and fork. 'Thanks.' He was about to reject her waffles but she would ignore it anyway since she was in her narrating mode so he let her be. And having her waffles was a huge bonus. He missed her, he could not deny it even though he was still mad (or jealous) at her phone call to Bradley earlier. And he almost forgot that they broke up.