Chapter 4

Image at the side created by @Abelscher0706

I'm awakened by heat pressing against me, I struggle to open my heavy eye lids. I am welcomed by an odd room, a girlie room. Something shuffles against me, my eyes are drawn to her. I sit up instantly, my heart racing to the point I can hear the pounding in my ears.

What? How? Why?

I jump up, feeling scarce, dirty, horrid. How did she get here?

"Ethan baby? Come back to sleep?" Her screeching voice moans.

The bedroom door opens slightly, Maggie enters with an awkward grin on her face.

"I see you two are awake now?" She laughs.

"How did she get here?" I manage to mumble.

"What her? You tell me? She showed up at the club last night, don't you remember?"

I shake my head.

"Well we all had a few drinks too many, it seems you have another misses, so I couldn't exactly let you take her home could I?" She says slightly hurt.

How does she know about Bella?

"I have to go," I mumble looking around for my clothes. I change quickly. Both girls still watching me.

As I reach the door the blonde in the bed pounces on me. Before she says a word I beat her to it

"Britney, whatever happened last night it meant nothing it was a huge mistake!" I growl and quickly leave Maggie's place.

Luckily, my keys, money and phone happen to be in my pocket. I get in my car, I don't drive or turn the car on, I rest my head against the wheel.

"For Fuck Sake!" I growl banging my fists against the dashboard.

The thought of Britney coming after me scares me, I quickly drive away, cursing in my head and nothing but questions, why is she here? Did she not have enough ruining my life the last time round?

What happened last night? Did we do it? What have I done? I knew taking that job would cause trouble!

I pull up outside the apartment flats, I reluctantly get out the car grabbing my things and head inside. My phone vibrates, nerves attack me, please don't be Britney!

"Ethan, take the day off, you deserve it, your payment will be in the bank, also if you have spare time today could you take a look on the numbers in the document I sent you via email, just check them other and things, thanks Mr.Banks!"

I can't help but sigh with relief, a day off just what I need today. As I walk through the doors I'm welcomed by the desk lady. I feel nervous, on edge, what if Bella notices?

The elevator arrives, I step inside the metal portal. It seems faster than normal, maybe it wants me to be in trouble with Bella quicker. I try the door handle, its locked. I can't find my key.

I knock leaning against the door frame. I'm welcomed by my chirpy beautiful fiance.

"Hi!" She exclaims hovering behind the door.

"Hello? Are you going to let me in?" I joke.

She blushes, and opens the door wider, she is wearing a white top, it looks familiar, I grin at her. I wrap my arms around her, I kiss her running my hands through her hair she grins. I take in the scent of her skin, not her usual perfume of skin scent, its masculine.

"Bella? Whose that?" A deep voice enters the room.

My head snaps from her to him. I stare at my once best friend, David. I flare up, fuck no. He's in his boxers, where is his shirt? I stare at Bella, I knew I reckoning it, its not mine.