Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Lyndon’s Pov

“What kind of problem.” I said with my arms still wrapped around Mel.

My mother looked between us. “The kind of problem that could get us and a lot of others all killed, if we’re not careful.” She stated in a worried voice. I took in my mother’s appearance, and noticed that her hair was tied in a loose ponytail, and she had on some sweats and a plain white shirt. Her face looked as if she had lost of color in it, and she looked pale and sick.

“What did Uncle Keith say?” Mel’s soft voice filled the room.

I watched as my mother walked over to the kitchen table and calmly sat down. “Sit down, the two of you.” She said in a hushed voice. When we didn’t move she brought her eyes up to the both of us. “Sit.” She said with a little more force.

I walked Melrose over to the kitchen table and we both took a seat in the chairs.

As we sat, my mom took in a deep breath. Releasing the breath she was holding, she turned her attention to us. “There was a planned attack on a pack of wolves not too far from this pack’s location. It may have been a couple of states over, but that’s too close for me. “

“Where?” Melrose asked.

Shaking her head, my mother looked her daughter in the eyes. “It doesn’t matter where. All that matters is that there was an attack.”

“So what does this have to do with us?” I asked studying her face.

She looked me hard in the face. She looked as if she was going to say something, but at the last minute, she changed her mind. “Nothing just yet.”

“So if it’s nothing, than why are you so worried and why do you look like you’re about to have a nervous breakdown?”I asked.

Reaching up and rubbing her neck, she met my eyes. “Because this was no ordinary attack.” She said shaking her head. “This was one of many attacks that are going to start occurring, and if your mates pack isn’t ready, they may just very well lose something or someone close to them.” She said looking me in the eyes, as a sudden sad look crossed over her face.

Tilting my head to the side, I looked at her. “You know how they attacked, don’t you?” I asked.

She sighed heavily. “I do.” She said as a tear fall down her eyes. “The hunters and about a hundred or more rogues, are joining together and taking down the packs.”

“How do you know? Did Uncle Keith tell you this?” Melrose said sitting up in her chair.

Our mom just shook her head, yes. “Yes, he told me. But even if he hadn’t told me about the rogues and the hunters joining up, I would have known. You’re uncle Keith wouldn’t have called me for anything less. He told me about the attack.”