Chapter 30

Chapter 30

            About twenty minutes had passed, and we were still struggling in the silver chains. Our mind link with the pack was still blocked, and I couldn't use my powers to break us free. I was becoming mentally and physically drained.

            "You smell that?" I heard Rowland's voice say.

            Lifting my head up, I sniffed at the air. "It smells like smoke." I said out of breath.

            Looking over at him, I couldn't help it as the tears burned my eyes. Was this it? Was this how our story ended? Everything that we've been through, and it ends with us burning alive at the hands of his psychotic ex girlfriends.

            "Rowland." I cried, seeing the smoke creep through the cracks in the door.

            "Don't look at." He said. "Viv look at me. Hey you look at me." He said. I knew what he was trying to do. But it wasn't working. It couldn't end this way. Not for us it couldn't. We had our children to think about. They were about to be under attack and they didn't even know it. Our pack was about to get destroyed, while we burned alive.

            "What about the kids, Rowland?" I cried coughing on the thick smoke coming through. "They don't even know what's about to happen. They're in danger, the entire pack is in danger."

            "I'm sorry." He coughed. "It's all my fault. It was a mistake on my part to every swear an oath to someone who was not my mate." He coughed again. "Everything is happening because of me."

            "No." I cried inhaling more smoke.

            "I'm an alpha and I'm useless to save my family." He coughed more. "I love you Viv, I just want you to know that. You're my entire word." More coughing came from his way. Behind him I could start to see the some flames come from the door.

            "Rowland, the fire" I yelled losing sight of him in the smoke, "Rowland!"

            The only sound I could hear from him was the sound of his coughing. I couldn't see him, but I could feel his wolf in distress. This was it. This was the moment that ended things for us. Our lives were about to be taken from us, in a short moment.

            I had just given up hold, as I sat against the wall choking on smoke as the silver chains continued to burn my skin. How ironic, I'm being burned alive, before I've actually been burned alive.

            I couldn't here Rowland anymore. No sound came from the direction that I had saw him, not even a cough.

            My vision had started to blur and before I knew it, I was seeing black spots.

            I was at the moment of passing out when I heard the door burst open and saw huge flames start to engulf the room, before a figure came into the room. I couldn't see the face of the person, but I watched as the person stopped walking in the room. I could hear the sound of the silver chains breaking and being tossed to the side.