Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Lyndon's Pov.

            My heart stopped the moment I watched her fall from the ledge. There was nothing that I could do, and the second she fell, my world just fell apart. I hadn't known her long at all, but already there was a piece of me, a very large piece of me that died the moment the knife went into her, and she fell.

            Tristan was gone.

            The girl that walked around and seemed to hold such a bright shine, was gone. That girl that captured my heart, and my soul was no longer here, and as a set there kneeling by the edge of the ledge where she had fallen, all I could feel was numbness.

            My soul mate was gone, and I was still here.

            I couldn't stop the silent tears that feel from my eyes as I gazed out empty over the ledge. How could it be? How could she be gone? It seemed like only yesterday we met and now she was gone. I never even had a chance with her. I never got a chance to tell her how I felt about her, or how much I wanted her. And now she was gone.

            I had been there for about thirty minutes, sitting in my sorrow, I wasn't the only one suffering, Nathan had been sitting grieving the lost of his mother. Because of the chaos that happened with Tristan, Amelia had somehow managed to slip away, leaving a trail of bodies in her way. It was funny to me, Amelia was the one that everyone wanted to kill, yet Tristan paid the price.

            "Lan-Lyndon, Nathan, why don't you two come with us. There's nothing that we can do hear, expect to clean up the damage that had been done." Vivian's soft voice spoke, catching my attention briefly. Instead of answering her, I only hung my head lower.

            "You go." I said not taking my eyes from the ledge.

            "I'm not going anywhere with you people. I have to track down Amelia." Nathan said getting up from the ground.

            Lifting my head, I glanced over to him. His face held a serious and deathly expression on it, and in all honesty I agreed with him.

            "Nathan NO." Vivian said reaching out and placing a hand on his shoulders. "You have to stay here."The second she touched him, a annoyed looked crossed his face. It was as if a wave of angered hit me, and I was feeling his pain. Standing up I walked over to her and snatched her away from him, staring her down.

            "He doesn't have to do anything." I growled. "Tristan's dead because of her own mother, and Amelia is the blame for all of this. The only thing that he needs to do and to track that bitch down."

            "Look around Vivian, look at all the bodies lying around." Nathan said in a calmer voice. "She killed my mother."

            I saw the hurt look pass through Vivian's face, but I could care less about it. I understood where Nathan was coming from. "And because of her my mother is dead." I said turning to face him. "If you're going than I'm coming with you."

            "Lyndon, Nathan." Vivian said taking a step in our direction.

            "Stop it." Nathan growled.

            "I can't." Vivian said as a tear fell from her eyes. "I can't stop. I am your mother, and up until the moment where I found out the truth about you two, I've lived in agony. I may not have known about one you, but I knew about the other. And you were both taken away from me. I lost you, and thought that you were dead, and I didn't know about the other. But now I do, and all I want to do is protect you. I just want my sons, that's all I want." She cried. "I want my family back."