{7}

It had been a while since everything with Kaecilius and Dormammu had happened. Since then, you, Stephen and Wong had moved to the New York Sanctum to protect it from any threats. You loved living in the New York Sanctum if you were being honest. But, more importantly, you loved being there with Stephen.

You were surprised when he admitted that he loved you back. And when he did say those words, every cell of your body was filled with happiness. You and he have been together happily since that day. 

You were in the library of the Sanctum, walking through the aisles of the books, trying to find a good one to read. While you were searching, you felt a pair of arms snake around your waist. You leaned into the touch with a smile as you looked up at Stephen. "Hey you," you told him lovingly. 

He leaned down and placed a small kiss on your lips as he replied, "Hey yourself." "What are you up to?" you asked him, placing your arms over his. "Wong wants to talk to us about something, he sent me to get you," Stephen explained. 

"Oh, you mean you aren't just coming to visit your girlfriend?" you asked in a joking manner. "Unfortunately, no, but I promise I'll make it up to you later tonight," Stephen told you with a smirk. You smiled in response and said, "Alright fine." Stephen chuckled as he intertwined your fingers with his own, and led you down the stairs.

"What's up, Wong?" you asked, as you and Stephen approached him, about halfway down the stairs. "I need to show you both something," Wong stated, beginning to walk down the stairs. You and Stephen followed him, and the three of you had just made it to the bottom of the stairs when something came crashing through the roof and through the stairs. 

You and Stephen made eye contact for a moment before the three of you ran to see what came crashing into the room. You looked down to see Bruce Banner, and he appeared to have just changed from being the Hulk. 

"Thanos is coming. He's coming," Bruce muttered, looking traumatized. You watched, concerned as the Avenger laid there. "Go help him," you told Stephen. Stephen nodded his head, helping Bruce stand up as Wong handed him a shirt. "Who?" Stephen asked as soon as Bruce slipped on the shirt. "Thanos, he's a big, powerful guy. He's trying to take over the world with something called the Infinity Stones. Do you know where Tony is?" Bruce replied. 

You looked at Wong and Stephen with a knowing look as Bruce mentioned the Infinity Stones. "Tony Stark?" you asked, clarifying, and Bruce nodded his head. You gave a slight nod to Stephen, and he opened a portal. 

You and he stepped through the portal, and Stephen said, "Tony Stark, I'm Doctor Stephen Strange. I need you to come with me. Oh, uh, congratulations on the wedding, by the way." "I'm sorry, you giving out tickets or something?" Tony asked sarcastically. 

"We need your help. Look, it's not overselling it to say that the fate of the universe is at stake," you told him. "And who's we?" Tony asked. "Hey, Tony," Bruce responded for you and Stephen, stepping out of the portal. "Bruce!" Tony replied, happy but shocked. The traumatized Bruce pulled Tony into a hug before the two of them agreed to come with you and Stephen. 

The four of you stepped through the portal, and Wong began explaining to Tony what we're dealing with. "From the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then, boom! The Big Bang sends six elemental crystals, hurdling across the virgin Universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence," Wong told him.

"Space, reality, power, soul, mind and time," you continued, listing off the stones. "Tell me his name again," Tony replied. "Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out half of the population. He sent Loki, the attack on New York. That was him," Bruce stated.

"This is it. What's our timeline?" Tony asked Bruce, deep in thought. "No telling. He had the Power and Space stones, that already makes him the most powerful creature in the whole Universe. If he gets his hands on all six stones, Tony...," Bruce replied, trailing off. 

"He can destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of," Stephen finished for Bruce. "Did you seriously just say, 'hitherto undreamt of?" Tony asked Stephen, leaning on the cauldron of the cosmos as if it was nothing. "Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?" Stephen asked as the Cloak of Levitation smacked Tony's arm.

"Alright. I'm going to allow that," Tony told Stephen. You let out a small sigh as Stephen and Tony continued to banter. You suddenly had an overwhelming feeling that something was wrong, and you tuned out the bickering men as you approached the door to the Sanctum.

You opened it and took a step outside. It was quiet for a moment when suddenly you heard screaming and there was a car crash further up the street. "Girls, stop fighting and get out here," you told them, walking further outside. Stephen was soon by your side, with Wong, Tony, and Bruce following behind. 

You rounded a corner where people seemed to be coming from and saw a giant spaceship coming down closer to the ground, trying to land. Stephen quickly used his magic to stop the engine on the ship, stopping it from landing. Two aliens suddenly teleported out of the spaceship.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing to," one of the aliens began speaking, but Tony cut him off saying, "I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get out of here."

"Stone-keeper, does this chattering animal speak for you?" the alien asked Stephen, as you formed your own weapon from your magic. "Certainly not, I speak for myself. There's no trespassing on this city and on this planet," Stephen responded. "It means get lost, Squidward," Tony added. 

Tony started talking to Bruce, probably about transforming into the Hulk. "Are you ready?" you asked Stephen. "Yes. Just promise me you'll be careful," he told you. "I promise, as long as you make the same promise," you replied. Stephen nodded his head and told you, "I promise."

Suddenly there was a loud grunt from Bruce, but the Huk didn't come out. You and Stephen looked between Tony and Bruce. "Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards," Tony told Bruce. They had a small conversation as you saw one of the aliens approaching, he was the bigger one of the two. 

You quickly ran at him, fighting with him for a moment, dodging his attacks. "Watch out!" you heard Tony yell at you, and you jumped out of the way as Tony blasted the alien back with his tech. "Nice," you told him. "You like it? It's nano-tech," Tony began pridefully, but before he could finish, the other alien used his powers to knock Tony away. 

Stephen sent Bruce through a portal, and you, he and Tony focused on fighting the smaller, but clearly more powerful, alien. Eventually, Tony and Wong ended up being transported through the portal as well, leaving you and Stephen to fight the stronger alien.

You were the first to attack, giving the alien almost everything you got, but he retaliated, sending shards of broken glass your way. You dodged most of it, but one of the shards hit your side, distracting both you and Stephen for a moment. When you looked back at what was happening, Stephen was being taken back to the spaceship. 

You started to panic as you tried to find a way to help Stephen. You quickly and quietly made your way onto the spaceship, hiding in the shadows as you watched the alien and an unconscious Stephen. 'What did we get ourselves into?' you asked yourself.