{3}

Training had come along exceptionally well. You had advanced a lot faster than anyone had expected. You were one of the best sorcerers to have ever entered Kamar-Taj, according to both Karl and the Ancient One, which made you feel very proud.

You had been training for a while and knew a lot about the Dark Arts and how to use them, but you weren't an expert yet. You were training with one of the others when someone was brought into the building by Karl. You didn't move from your spot, but the moment you heard the man speak, you knew it was him. Stephen. You weren't ready to see him.

You continued to train with the others as your mind raced with possibilities as to why Stephen was there. You figured it was probably because of his hands. But, how had he heard about this place?

You intended on avoiding all contact with Stephen but that didn't work out well when Karl approached you. "Y/N, the Ancient One would like to speak to you," he informed you. "Now?" you asked, internally groaning on the inside as Karl nodded his head. You followed him into the room where the Ancient One was along with Stephen.

He didn't see you at first, but that changed quickly when the Ancient One said, "So glad you could join us, Y/N." You opened your mouth to speak, but before you could, Stephen asked, "Y/N?"

You gave him a polite smile and replied, "Hello, Stephen." "The two of you know each other?" the Ancient One asked. "Yes, we are...old friends," you responded. The Ancient One gave you a look of knowing and a small smile appeared on her face.

"Please, show our new guest around. I'm sure you two have a lot to catch up on," she told you before leaving the room, with Karl following her. "It's been a long time," Stephen said, taking a step closer. You nodded your head and asked, "How are your hands?"

Stephen had a sad look as he remembered how he snapped at you. "They've been better, I'm hoping this place will help me," he replied. You nodded your head and said, "Yeah, I've seen this place work miracles for people." He nodded his head and you started walking, motioning him to follow you.

"How did you end up here?" he asked you. "I was walking through the streets when a man attacked me," you responded. "A man attacked you?" he asked, sounding angry. You nodded your head and explained, "He didn't get very far before Karl came and saved me and brought me back here."

Stephen nodded his head slowly as if processing all of the information and after a few moments of silence, he blurted out, "You look beautiful." You let out a small sigh and said, "Stephen, we can't keep doing this endless game of flirting." "Why not? I've missed you," he responded.

"I've missed you too, but you know why not. Look, it's one thing saying that you don't have feelings for Christine, but can you honestly say that she doesn't have feelings for you? Besides, I saw the two of you together after your car accident," you told him.

"Christine may still have some feelings towards me, but I swear to you, whatever I once felt for her is long gone. And after the car accident, the only person I wanted to see was you, and then once I did see you...Well, I wasn't myself," he replied. You gave him a small smile and he said, "By the way, thank you." "For what?" you asked him. "For saving my life," he stated. "You're welcome," you replied.

The two of you continued to walk throughout the building, with you stopping every once and a while to explain to him what a room is. He had a lot of questions and you happily answered them. After a little while, you brought him out to the others so that Karl could begin training him.

They trained for a while, Stephen was really trying to perform magic but claimed he couldn't because of his hands. He continued to look at his hands in disappointment, and you walked over to him and placed your hands in his, causing him to look up at you. "It's not about your hands," you told him. "How is not about the hands?" he asked.

You let go of his hands and he looked down at them, but you cupped his face and forced him to look into your eyes. "Look at me, not at your hands. Don't think, Stephen, feel," you told him. He stared into your eyes so intensely, it felt like he was looking at your soul.

You glanced down and saw the magic starting to form between his hands. You smirked and said, "Look." His eyes dropped down to his hands and a smile appeared on his face. "Thank you," he told you. You smiled in return and Karl came over to try to teach Stephen some other tricks, such as making portals.

After a while, Karl asked you to practice combat with Stephen. You nodded your head and formed your weapon with your magic as Stephen struggled a little to form his, but finally did. "Go easy on me," he said and you smiled. "Never thought I'd hear you say that," you teased.

Stephen rolled his eyes and you him started fighting. After a few moments, you swept his feet out from underneath him. You smirked at your victory, but then Stephen kicked your feet out from underneath you, making you fall right on top of him. Your hands fell on his chest as the both of you laughed.

Karl cleared his throat, and you stood up, before offering a helping hand to Stephen, which he gladly took. Once he was standing, Karl said, "It's getting late. Do you mind showing Stephen to his bedroom?" You nodded your head and replied, "Of course."

You and Stephen began walking away when Karl said, "Hey Y/N?" "Yeah?" you asked. "Someday maybe you and I should try your combat techniques," Karl teased and you rolled your eyes at him and laugh. You then continued to walk to the guest room where Stephen would be staying. "Here we are," you told him.

He opened the door and smiled. "Alright well, I'm going to go to bed," you told him. "You mean we don't sleep together?" he asked in a joking manner. "You wish," you replied with a small smile. "Thank you, Y/N, for everything," he told you. You nodded your head and said, "Goodnight Stephen."

He smiled and placed a kiss on your cheek before replying, "Good night, Y/N." You walked to your room with a small blush tinting your cheeks, thinking about how maybe seeing Stephen wasn't such a bad thing.