Howlers 23

This chapter will be long and filled with dirty, yummy, awesome drama.  BRACE YOURSELF!!

This chapter is dedicated to Crazystar for her amazing skill at beating writer's block into the ground.  She made this chapter possible because she helped me see it from a different point of view.  Love ya!

===============================================================================

(Dimitiri's POV)

           Quiet.

Horrible Silence.

Whoever said that 'silence is golden' was obviously an idiot.  Right about now this supposedly 'golden' silence felt like death.  Slowly I guided Gabriel to our new table, keeping my eyes firmly locked on our target.  It was better than looking around at the judgmental and curious gazes that I felt boring holes into every inch of my flesh, like tiny horrible knives stabbing over and over again into me.  It made my skin crawl and from the way Gabriel had his brown eyes cast down he felt the same way.

   When we reached the table all eyes shot to us, at least it wasn't uncomfortable.  Astrid smiled at me, Luna's eyes kept darting back and forth between Gabriel and I, Chris seemed bored, and Malcom looked mildly amused by the situation.  Gabriel took the empty seat  next to his sister, and I followed suit sitting next to him.  Now Luna had her brows furrowed, glaring daggers into us.  Sheepishly I waved at her just as the talking around us began again.  At first it was just tense whispers but soon enough it turned back into the normal noise of a regular school cafeteria.

"Why didn't you tell me,"  I heard Luna growl quietly at her brother, making him shift nervously in his seat.  I turned my attention to them again, peeking over at Luna from Gabriel's shoulder.  Her delicately shaped eyebrows were scrunched together, her white teeth barred in distaste.  You could practically see the heat of her anger rising up from her skin.  Malcom beside her looked on in curiosity, though he still looked a little confused.

"Sis', I wanted to tell you but-"

"Then why didn't you!?"

"-I wasn't sure how you'd react. I knew you wouldn't be happy, like now."

Luna sighed pinching the bridge of her nose with her thumb and forefinger, "No I'm not upset that you're with him.  I'm upset that you didn't tell me.  God sake Gabe I'm your sister!"

"I was worried."

"About?"

"It being Dimitri, he's a Knox."

She rolled her large brown eyes and shook her head, "I don't understand the whole hate thing anyway."  

She did have a point, I didn't know what it was about either, neither did my sister, and probably Gabriel had no clue either.

"I'm sorry Luna," Gabriel said softly, taking his sister's hand.

Sneering a bit she brushed his hand away, "Don't be sorry, just tell me stuff next time."  She was silent before she exclaimed, "I knew something was going on!"

I smirked slightly, remembering when Luna almost caught Gabe and I in his room. 

"Ok Luna."

Suddenly she turned to me, eyes burning, "Now you, you listen, and you listen fucking well.  You hurt my brother and I rip your goddamn balls off. Understand?"  I felt my eyes widen and I tilted my head in fear of angering the she-wolf further.  God female wolves were scary.

"Watch your back," She finished before turning around and angrily kissing Malcom hard on the lips. By the way he was kissing back he was more than pleased to now have her anger directed at him.