howlers part 13

Hiya!!!  So Dimitri will be played by Alex Evans! Picture on the side!  I promised to write more so here it is!  Vote, comment, and fan, knowing you guys like it helps me keep writing it.

=================================================================================

(Dimitri's POV)

1 day left...

     Gabriel could not be found anywhere.  I was doing my best skimming the crowds as I walked with my girlfriend.  If he was here he had probably walked away because of her, well probably mostly me.  It was almost lunch time so hopefully I would run into him.  Clutching my girlfriend's hand rather loosely I walked with her.  My hand in a death grip between her little fingers.  I held hers like it was something disgusting.  No offense to her, kind of,  but it was.  I didn't want to hold her hand.  I no longer could understand how I used to like this.  Was Tara really my mate?  I really wasn't sure anymore.  She didn't make me happy, and honestly now I could see just how bad of a person she really was.   I have watched Tara closely since yesterday.  She mouthed everyone off, mistreated her so called 'friends', more like clones, and she constantly insulted Gabriel in front of me.  It made my blood boil.  Just feeling protective of a wolf I had just met, and hurt for sure yesterday.  Tara seemed wary of my actions.  Carefully watching me.  She told me herself she was happy that the 'fag' was gone.

      I dropped Tara off at her class, she had lunch every other day with me, and pushed her away when she tried to kiss me.  Tara just really didn't do it for me.  My lips longed for that of another person.  Gabriel.  I still didn't understand why.  Now that I think about it I have to be gay.  It was odd but it really didn't disgust me.  Although, I didn't find other guys attractive, just Gabriel.  What he did to me drove me crazy, drove my body crazy.  Never, ever had I felt something like this.

      As I headed to the lunchroom there was still no sight of Gabriel.  I got my lunch and went to sit next to his sister.  Before I even placed my tray down on the table she growled, a vicious sound only other wolves would be able to hear.  "Um, hi Luna,"  I tried.  The she wolf just glared at me as did Malcom.  The only difference between them was that he had his arms around her trying to control her.  It was probably more calming than restraining.  "Yes?"  Nervously I chewed on the inside of my cheek.  Sure I was the stronger wolf but Luna still scared the shit out of me.  If I were in wolf form my tail would be between my legs.  She wolves were more vicious than the males at times.  This one especially.  Fierce.

"Can I sit here?"  By now the other people at the table were watching the exchange.  Luna bared her teeth and Malcom nuzzled her neck.  Instantly she calmed, teeth hidden again under her lips.  It was amazing that he wasn't scared.  You could tell he knew who, or rather what she was by the way he reacted.  "Come sit over here,"  Malcom said..  There was one seat beside him with a book bag on it.  "Just move the bag.  Don't worry it's mine."  I smiled grateful and sat in silence, slowly but surely eating my food.  I turned to Malcom who was quietly playing with his girlfriend's hair as she talked to Chris.  "Do you know where Gabriel is?"  He shrugged a little, "I don't know.  He usually picks me up to come here, but I had to take the bus today."  I sighed and he continued.  "Luna would know more than I would."  I shook my head at him, his response was a chuckle.  "I don't know what you did to make her so angry but I won't ask."  There was a pause, "Do you want me to ask for you?"  I nodded and Malcom whispered into Luna's ear.   I watched as Luna visibly tensed and turned to look at me now.  Instead of the fury she had before concern was etched onto her features.  "Dimitri,  I don't know."  Her voice was barely above a whisper in the loud cafeteria, but with my heightened senses I could hear every word.  "He's been in bed silent since he came home yesterday.  He won't talk to anybody."  Her brow furrowed, "Why the hell do you care?"  I saw Malcom wrap his arms around the once again angry she wolf.  Quickly I looked down at my tray but exposed my neck, mumbling a response.  "I'm not sure myself."