howlers part 14

Picture on the side is Garbiel!  Luke Nugent!

The song is No Light No Light by FLorence And The Machine.

sooo the moment you've all been waiting for....

==================================================================================

(Gabriel's POV)

0 days left...

   Dimitri had texted me again after school yesterday.  I hadn't bothered to read it, just sent a simply reply.

Leave me alone

    After that he hadn't tries again.  He was playing with me it seemed.  It had to be, Dimitri just tossed me aside to chase after the bitch.  If he wants to treat me like that then fine, two can play at that game.  I still wasn't sure why I was so possessive over him.  All I knew was that he was rightfully mine.  

     I had skipped school for the second time today and was anxiously waiting with my family for Dimitri.  Luna was behind me, holding tightly, arms wrapped around my waist and head on my shoulder.  It was nice of her to try to calm me but I was too angry, too hurt.  Heart broken.

Snap, snap.

   The rest of my family growled behind me, and Luna had released me now, taking a few steps back to our parents.  The Knox pack looked fierce despite their small number at the moment.  The only members there were the male alpha, Simmon, and Astrid.  Dimitri looked completely crestfallen but met my gaze.  He wasn't angry but I was sure he could tell I was absolutely furious.  Silence.  There was silence for a few moments until my father stepped forward, his voice booming.  My father's head was tilted towards the sky, speaking to a great being, or so the stories went.  I had been told them many times as a young pup, but I never believed them.  "These wolves have broken the unbreakable.  A powerful, binding pact formed years ago."  Now Simmon stepped up beside his son, "They shall fix what they have destroyed, even at the cost of blood forever spilt."  Instantly my father nudged me forward, Simmon had done the same with Dimitri.  Thing was Dimitri seemed to be in pain.  His face twisted a little, black hair falling into his brilliant blue eyes, as his father gripped his arm.  "We give you our offspring.  Do as you wish."  I sighed, all of this was a load of shit.  just let me get this over and done with.  I began to unbutton my shirt but Dimitri had to be told to take his off.  It was unbelievably hard not to look, his body was amazing.  He was wonderful, he... no.  No.  No.  I can't do that now.  He rejected me.  I would give him what he deserves.

     I could feel his blue eyes on me as I undressed completely.  My mother gathered my things from the floor and met my gaze and my heart sank.  She was scared, terrified.  She did not want to lose her pup.  I was the weaker wolf, I already knew that, apparently so did she.

   With wavering confidence I strode forward eyes and teeth changing first.  I glared daggers at Dimitri, anger boiling in my stomach and my hackles rose.  The hairs on the back of my neck standing up.   I growled loudly now in my wolf form.  I wasn't the biggest wolf but i could do some damage if I tried.  I crept closer  as Dimitri looked back at me, eyes avoiding my gaze but looking at my body.  Suddenly he shot forward as he was shoved from behind.  I was about a foot from him, Dimitri looking up at my muzzle as he got up on all fours.  "Please..."  My snarl faltered as he said that.   My anger was fading as I gazed at the boy in front of me.  He was amazing, I don't want to hurt him.  Shaking my head I barred my teeth forcing out a vicious snarl.  Dimitri's response was a sigh.  I watched in awe as he changed in front of me the sleek black fur taking over his body eyes changing now completely blue.  This was how I first saw him, in this exact spot.  I t was hard controlling my arousal.  I shuddered and projected my thoughts at him, now we could communicate and nobody would hear us.  'Bring it.'

===============================================================================

(Dimitri's POV)

    I looked into the pale brown lupine eyes.  'I don't want to fight.  Please...'

'Fuck you.'

    I felt my heart sink and I exposed my neck.  'Gabriel...'  His lips twitched as they curled up into a snarl once again. 'Shut up Dimitri.'

    I yelped as Gabriel threw himself at me.  Sharp teeth pushing closer to my neck.  Frantically I squirmed under him trying to push the wolf off.  It took a bit of struggling but I managed to roll us over.  Now I pinned him, paws on either side of him, holding the wolf to the ground.  Gabriel snarled and snapped at me to no avail.  'Gabriel.  Stop!'  He squirmed more under me, wolf eyes filled with anger, and panic.

'Get off!'

'No.'

   More squirming then nothing, only short erratic breaths.  'I hate you.'  Growling I lunged at his neck and I heard a female cry out.  Gabriel began to writhe under me as my canine pressed down on his jugular.  I stopped and listened to Gabriel's frightened whimper.  'Please...'  I was never going to do it.  I never could hurt this wolf again.  I promised myself that much.   Gabriel's panicked breath made his chest heave.  The strike he was expecting didn't come.  It never would.  Gently I licked the fur on his neck where my canines once were, careful not to let anyone see.  I stepped away from him.  'It's OK.  Gabriel.'  

     My fur and claws receded as I stood, naked, human once again.  "I'm done."  My father looked shocked, disappointed.  I turned my gaze to the other pack, they looked grateful and wary at the same time.  "Dimitri!"  Instantly the hairs on the back of my neck rose.  My father's angered growl broke the silence that had formed.  "Yes sir?"  My muscles shook and tensed as he approached me.  I felt as if my heart was in my throat.   Pounding.  Making it hard to breathe.   The angry alpha gripped my arm roughly, making me hiss in pain.  I had to force myself in order to keep from crying out.  "Finish him!'  His grip on my arm tightened..  My words were strained.  Forcing them out through gritted teeth.  

"I can't."

"You can't!?"  He shook my arm violently making it feel as if my shoulder was going to come out of it's socket.  The Darks pack watched shocked, never was an alpha supposed to treat his pup in this way.  The male's job was to protect the pack not hurt it.  "You can't!?"  I glared at my dad right in the eyes.  It was a challenge, you never looked an alpha in the eyes.  It meant death.  

"I won't.  I refuse."

"You really are a disappointment.  A disgrace to your pack.'  He was silent for a moment seemingly thinking.  "Hopefully you will learn your lesson."  The pressure on my arm increased.

Crack!

  I fought tears as I screamed.  Agonizing pain shot through my body.  I knelt to the ground  holding my arm which was bent in two odd and unnatural angles below the elbow.  I had to fight the shift.  My wolf was trying to come out, trying to change so it could heal itself.  But the shift would be more painful so I resisted it as best I could.  

"Astrid let's go."  My sister seemed to hesitate then the sound of her footsteps on the forest floor matched my fathers.  The only sounds now were that of the wind and my painful groans.  Tears fell down my cheeks.  It was more the pain of rejection than the pain of my arm.  My body rocked with sobs and I wailed throwing my head up to the sky.  The human equivalent of a sorrowful howl.  My heart felt shattered, torn apart.  I was now lonelier than I have ever felt in my whole life.  Doubling over I let the tears run down my face.  I was alone.  So very alone.