Howlers part 20

(Dimitri's POV)

       I was in bliss, my life wasn't perfect but right now I could care less.  I fought this, I can't belive I fought this.  Sure Gabriel was a guy but never did I feel so at home, so together with one person.  I had only known him for a little while but I couldn't picture myself without him. My hand ran across the steam covered mirror and I smiled into looking at my reflection.  I was happier with myself at least.  Sure I had no pack now, no correction, I had this one, even if it was only temporary.  I could feel connected to at least one wolf.

      Roughly I rubbed the towel against my wet hair walking out of the bathroom with my pants on.  Leaving the towel on my shoulder I greeted the two wolves now in the hallway, Luna smiled a bit and Mrs. Darks stopped for a moment, placing her hand on my arm.  "Dimitri, Luna and I are going to step out.  Watch Garbiel," she lookedc up and down the hallway, "And keep your head down.  Archer is still um unhappy."  Nervously I bit the inside of my cheek.  Dealing with an angry alpha male was not going to be fun, everybody else in this pack had accepted me but Archer still snapped at me sometimes.   Walking into the kitchen I ran my fingers through my hair.  Archer was sitting at the kitchen table angerly munhing on a piece of english muffin, his pale brown eyes followed me across the room where I stood next to his son who was pouring himself some cereal.  I gulped a bit and grabbed a bowl myself.   The feeling of hole being burned into my back was unbearable.  Eyes that looked so good on Gabriel were fucking terrifying on the alpha.  Side glancing me Garbiel snorted and poured the milk for himself then me. 

"Thanks," I said.

      Gabriel gave a a nod and took his breakfast to the table where he began to eat as I took my seat nmext to him and as far away from the Darks alpha as I could.  The kitchen was filled with the sounds of muching from us three wolves, slower from me though, my stomach was knotted up with nerves.  

"So dad," Garbiel began, "How work been going?"

Looking away from me Archer's expression changed he looked pleasant and friendly, "Good actually.  Ol' Rickets asked me to do a job for him."

Garbiel smiled broadly, "You're kidding! That's awesome dad."

Archer chuckled, "About time right?  He needed it."

I sat there awkwardly at the table, I was lost.  Gathering up all the courage I could muster I turned my attention to the alpha my eyes glued to the table infront of him so as not to accidentaly challenge him.  "What do you do for  living...sir?"  

Archer's tone darkened slightly but it was still a lot more pleasant than other tones he had used with me, "I'm a carpenter, I run my own business."  He smiled a bit, "Rickets is a big shot in the city, he has tons of houses all over the country side.  He has turned down every other person who offered but he chose me."

I nodded in appreciation, "Wow, that's really cool.  Wouldn't have pegged you for a wood worker."

Archer smiled a little more now, "Thanks Knox.  So boy, what do you wanna do?"  

I shrugged bringing my head up again looking to the left of his face, still avoiding eye contact, "I don't know alpha.  The only thing I'm good at is music."

Gabriel spoke up now, "Really?"  

I nodded looking at his gorgoues pale brown eyes, "I play tons of intruments, well I sing a little bit," I looked down sheepishly at the table, "Reall I'm only ok at it all."

Gabriel sat back in his chair crossing his arms over his chest, "Well I wanna hear."

"Me too,"  The Darks alpha was smiling widely and I groaned leaning forward and resting my forehead on the table, "I should've never said anything."

Archer laughed, "Nonsense!  I guess we will have to hav a little show later on.  You ain't like your father boy. Play your cards right and maybe, just maybe we will get along."  With that the alpha stood and with eyes widened in shock I followed him out of the room with my gaze.

"Did that just happen?"

Garbiel sickered, "My dad's not bad Dimitri.  You tip toe too much."  

Still stunned i just faced frward again and began to shovel food into my mouth.

"My dad told me before oyu came in that we have to go to school tomorrow."

I put my spoon down and looked at Gabriel, his face was expresionless bu this pale brown eyes gave him away.  He looked worried, terrified even.

"Oh ok," I replied.

"Are we,"  he began quietly," Are we still gonna be um what ever this is?  I don't know what we are to eachother."

I sat silent for a moment, honestly I didn't know how to answer that question.  I wanted him to be mine but I knew everybody would give me shit about it.  Tara. I gulped.  Oh god I forgot about her.  What was she to me now?  I didn't want her not at all, especially not how I wanted Gabriel.  Biting my lip carefully I considered my answer, "I'm not sure what we are either, um, what do you think we are?"   Garbiel sneered a bit and I couldn't help but think that even pulle dback over his teeth like that his pink lips looked delicious, "I don't know.  I'm still the fag aren't I?  Once we go back you're gonna be with Tara.  Don't deny it."  He spoke to me such venom in his voice his angry whispers making me slink back into my chair a bit.  "I won't mean anything to you, will I," he continued his brows furrowed.  

I hesitated, "Y-you will."

Garbiel hufffed, pain filling his eyes and I could just sense the hurt radiating off of him in waves, "Fuck you Dimitri."