» 38

(ZACH'S POV)

I have lost track of what days have passed, or even what day it is, and what time it is.

The only thing I make sure of is to feed Quarter, take him outside, and to give him water.

Yet every time I do so, I see that his food and water has been replaced by one of the boys.

Despite the times I tell them to stop, they don't.

I am in a prison of broken feelings, a broken heart, and a broken life.

I cannot function, and it's not even like I want to anymore.

Every thought, it's her.

It's always her.

Every memory, it's her.

It's always her.

It's just her, she's embed into my mind and the pain is excruciating.

This cannot be living, the pain is tearing me apart so slowly yet so powerfully that I feel it every single second.

Was there something I could've done?

I should've been the one to have gone on that plane.

I could've been.

How am I suppose to live on?

Did I take her for granted?

She was... so much in my life.

"HOW COULD YOU? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!" I scream, standing up.

"SHE WAS LIKE OXYGEN TO ME, AND I AM LEFT BROKEN AND WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!"

"Zach, Zach, please calm down."

Daniel hugs me and I try to push him away, but he doesn't budge.

Instead of fighting anymore, I give up and just cry, letting the tears escape in extraordinary streams.

"Zach... I'm so sorry." Daniel tells me, and I don't respond.

"It hurts... so much, Daniel."

"It's okay, we're all here for you." He assures me, but I do not linger onto the statement.

"Daniel, I've never felt pain this badly before I don't even think I'll survive this. Everything... hurts."

"Just breath."

/

Why'd you leave so soon...

"I know you can hear me. I know you're aware of how many tears have fallen onto the ground below me. I know... you share the pain." I whisper as I sit on the pavement that was in front of her house.

"I miss you so much... you don't know how much it hurts. I guess it was my mistake to think that we had forever, right?"

More tears, they seem to be endless and unforgiving.

"All the memories? How... I knew how to live knowing that there'd be a last. I don't know how to live knowing that the last has happened."

She's engraved into my heart and soul.