Chapter 8

I hadn't spoken to jake in ages. He kept on trying but I just didn't feel like it. Another text flashed up on my phone. "Open your door". Confused, I got up and went to open the door. There was a large bunch of red roses and a heart shaped box of chocolates. It looked expensive.

I decided that I had to text him back now. "Hey, thanks for the gifts." Almost instantly a reply came through. "It's fine baby, I love you so much and I'm sorry about everything."

"I love you too, it's okay. Can we meet?"

We met up and had a coffee in the local Starbucks. He was constantly apologising and I forgave him, I apologised for over reacting. Since then we seem to be good again. He always sent me cute things and made me feel special. He would hold my hand around school, really show me off and make me feel special.

We had a few night ins together when my parents were out, I was falling in love.

It was the weekend and the weather was glorious so I decided to go swimming with the girls. The local pool had recently opened a tropical paradise themed outside pool for those random sunny days in English summers. Whilst we were getting changed we were generally chatting but then Katherine said something that got me thinking.

"Eurgh! Really hate being on my period while swimming!"

I started counting, when was the last time I had my period? Over a month ago...I was so busy being happy and spending all my time with Jake I hadn't noticed. I had to suddenly bail on the girls to think in peace.

"Er, I have to go guys sorry! I'll text you later."

They looked confused but I babbled my way out of it. I felt really bad but I had to do something. I ran to the pharmacy to pick up a test before running home and locking myself in the bathroom. The test took 30 seconds so not too long to wait.

I was so worried about the result. I was only young! My mum would kill me, not to mention my dad would kill jake. I would shame the family. My timer stopped.

I walked over to the sink and looked at the test. A little blue line, I checked the packet to see what meant positive. What meant positive is: a little blue line.

My heart sunk. I was pregnant.