Chapter 2

My friends all rushed over demanding to hear what he said. After I'd finished explaining I was greeted with squeals of excitement. We all decided to go shopping together to find an outfit.

I quickly had to rush off to the classroom as by now I was five minutes late. I apologised to my teacher and quickly took my seat wishing the day away.

My mind wouldn't concentrate on the work which kept getting me into trouble. I didn't care, all I could think about was the date with Jake, I was so excited.

Eventually the final bell rang and I went to meet the girls, we got the train to town to buy new outfits. We had such a laugh trying on new clothes and messing around. Once we were satisfied with our purchases we got Nandos for dinner before getting the train back home.

Once I got home I text Jake.

TO JAKE:

Hey xxx

FROM JAKE:

Hey babe, looking forward to tomorrow!xxx

TO JAKE:

Me too, where are we going?xxx

FROM JAKE:

Ah that's a surprise xxx

I sighed at my phone and put it down. I went downstairs for dinner with my parents, they hardly spoke to me, they just jabbered about their day. It didn't bother me because it meant to could leave early and go upstairs.

Mum recently bought me a TV so I flicked through the channels before finding something easy to watch. Before I knew it, I'd fallen asleep.