Chapter 1

Things with this guy, Jake, were finally moving in the direction I wanted. He was smart, funny and not to mention heart stoppingly gorgeous. He joined a few months ago and since then I've been trying to move in on him but it's taking it's time.

Today was his first day back at school from a long holiday and I couldn't wait. As I got ready for school I got a text.

FROM JAKE:

Hey! Can't wait to see you soon! Got you a present;) xxx

Texts from Jake always made me smile.

TO JAKE:

Hey! Missed you! I'll meet you by the canteen, can't wait to see what you've got me xxx

FROM JAKE:

Okay, see you there! You'll love it xxx

I smiled before locking my phone and walking to school. On the way I picked up my best friends Yasmin and Katherine. Elizabeth always met us at school.

I got to Yasmin's house and knocked on her door. From inside I could hear the dogs barking, her mum screaming at them to shut up before they woke the baby and on cue her little sister began to wail. She opened the door.

"Hey! Sorry bout the noise...Mum I'm leaving"

We walked for about five minutes before she questioned me on Jake.

"Well he text me this morning and said he's got me a present...I said I'd meet him in the canteen."

"Oo that's exciting, reckon his present is a kiss?" Yasmin then began to make weird kissing noises...she's so weird but I guess I have to love her.

Katherine turned up and Yasmin filled her in so that they both made ridiculous noises before collapsing into fits of giggles. We made it school and they ran to fill Elizabeth in while I went to find Jake.

I didn't have to look long as he was leaning up against the wall on his own. I forgot just how gorgeous it was. It sent a pang of hurt through me knowing I could never be with him.

He saw me approach and gave me the biggest grin.

"You made it then? Beginning to think I'd been stood up!"

"As if I would do that! Come on then, where's my present?"

"I think we should talk first,"

He pulled my sleeve so that I followed him to a nearby bench.

"Er, what's all this about Jake?"

"Listen, while I was away I missed you so much, it hurt even more everyday to be away from you."

"I missed you too, but where's this going?"

"I don't want to be away from you like that anymore...I like you a lot Rachel, and I was wondering if I could take you out tomorrow night so we could get closer?"

My heart was doing tiny flips of joy and I began to feel giddy.

"Yeah sure, sounds great"

I tried so hard to play it cool, I sucked at that.

He got up and kissed my forehead before walking off to see his mates.