CHAPTER SEVEN

*HÉLÈNE'S POV*

Beep beep beep
Waking up early in the morning during the holidays wasn't something I fancy. I groaned and pressed my pillow against my ear, trying to ignore the call.
The call went to directly to my voicemail.
"Hélène, it's Markus. I know it's Christmas and you won't want to work but this is urgent. I would have never disturbed your loving Christmas morning if it weren't something this important. So, if you are listening to this, then make sure to be at my office by 9am."
I let out another groan as soon as the voicemail ended. God, can't I have one day off?! It's not like I don't like my job, I love photography but not this early in the morning! But again Markus would never call me if it weren't urgent, he really appreciates my privacy and never overburdens me. So, I finally decided to go. I practically dragged myself out of my bed and into the shower.
After a long hot shower, I finally was awake. I put the first thing I found and pack my camera, laptop and other important stuff.
I almost forgot about Akriti until I crossed her room. I was supposed to show her the city, well shit.
I wasn't very sure how to explain this but I am sure she'll understand. I knocked twice but didn't receive any answer, so I entered the room. She was deep in sleep, a warm smile plastered on her face. I didn't feel like disturbing her peaceful sleep.
I stood there still, trying to figure out my next move. Suddenly Harry's name crossed my mind. He said he wasn't really doing anything, so maybe he could take her out. I mean he was joining us for lunch anyway.
I quickly called him, after a few rings he received the call.
"Hey, Hel! What's up?" He asked enthusiastically.
"Umm, actually..I needed a favour"
I explained him what happened this morning and asked him if he could take Akriti out to show her the city.
"I'll make sure she enjoys her day out. You don't worry, go and finish your work as quickly as possible and join us" he finally said after I finished.
"Thank you so much Harry."
"No worries." And with that he hung up the call.
I decided to write Akriti a note, letting her know about the change of plans. I smiled imagining her face when she reads this note, she'll go nuts.

*AKRITI'S POV*
I woke up with a smile on my face. I don't know when was the last time I slept a peaceful sleep.
I hopped out of the bed and pused the curtains aside. The sun rays touched my skin, it was warm but not to much; just perfect. The cool yet warm breeze hit my face as I opened the window.
I was shocked to see a bright sun during the winters. I mean, that is common back in India but I never thought it happened here too. Whatsoever, I was happy because I didn't really pack a lot of winter clothes.
I threw my arms up and stretched my body. I smiled as flashbacks from yesterday started to play, when I laid my eyes on the beautiful being, when he hugged me and consoled me.
God, I bet everyone is thankful to have him in their lives, I thought.
I snapped out of my thoughts when my phone buzzed. An unknown number flashed on the screen.
"Hello?" I asked as I received the call.
"Hey, mornin' " a low, rusky voice called out from the other end.
'No way' I thought as my jaw dropped open and a shiver ran down my spine.
'This can't be happening. Get up Akriti, you are still asleep, GET UP!' I mentally shouted.
"Hello? Akriti? Are you still there?" The voice called out.
"Y-yeah..I-I am" I managed to say.
I had a giggle from the other side, 'Oh my god it's him'. I knew it's him, that giggle, it has to be him! I chocked at the thought of him talking to me on the phone, how did he even get my number? Wait, WHAT THE FUCK. I HAD HIS NUMBER!
"Akriti?" I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard him call out my name. It sounded so good, he couldn't quite pronounce it properly but I think I like this version of my name better than the original one.
"Y-yeah" I replied, not yet sure what else to say.
"Don't freeze out again, please." He said with a chuckle.
I managed a weird nervous laugh.
"So, when do I pick you up?" He asked.
"Huh?" I asked, not quite sure what he really meant by that.
"When do I pick you up? For our small sight seeing?"
"What sight seeing?" I asked totally confused.
"I see, she didn't tell you anything."
"W-What are you talking about? Who didn't tell me what?"
"Hel, of course. She had to go to her work because of some really urgent work so she asked me to take you out and show you the city in behalf of her."
Yup, I zoned out, again. That was it, that's when I was sure this is a dream and nothing else. This couldn't be real, no way. I pinched myself which made me moan.
"Are you okay?" I heard Harry ask.
"Y-yeah, I am fine. Actually more than fine, all of this is so over whelming, it's almost like a dream. It's really hard to believe it's actually happening." I said without even thinking.
He let out another chuckle before he spoke.
"Well, it is actually happening. Now, I'll be more than thankful if you could let me know when to pick you up."
"Oh yeah, I am sorry I forgot. Umm, 11?" I asked
"Sure, I'm be there by 11. See you soon" he said and hunged up.
'What the actual fuck' I thought to myself. My life has never been this good, I was just hoping nothing would make things bad.
It was already 10, I have only an hour to get ready. I quickly grabbed my towel and went inside the washroom. I let my towel slip off, revealing my naked body. I let the hot water fall over my body, my muscles instantly relaxed.
After my short and warm bath, I moved to my room as the towel was wrapped up against my bare body.
I stood there in front of my closet, trying to find the perfect dress to wear. I wasted like 15 mins trying to find something to wear but I found nothing. Now that's a very classic problem every girl faces.
Just as I was almost about to gave up, I remembered that Diksha handed my over something before at the airport. I didn't check what it was, I had forgotten about it until now.
I pulled the packet out and pulled whatever was inside it.
It was 'the' dress. My face lit up and faded as soon as I remembered that we fought over this dress. She didn't let me buy that dress so that she could buy it for me. I felt stupid fighting with her.
I took my phone and quickly texted Diksha thanking her for the dress and apologising for being a bitch.
"Shit" I cursed when I saw the time. I was going to be late if I don't hurry.
I slipped the dress and zipped it up. I comed my hair and tied it into a neat bun, leaving few strans to just fall over. I wasn't those girls who usually let her hair down, open without anything. I wasn't very comfortable.
So, next I moved to the make up. I wasn't a very heavy make up person but a little foundation and some liner didn't harm anyone. I did put on some lip colour and maskara too, not something that I usually do.
I put in my heels, grabbed my phoneand my purse. I was all ready and I still had 10 mins. So, I decided to go downstairs and just wait until he comes.