Chapter 27

Chapter 27

            Bobby sat outside my bedroom door for over half an hour before he started to talk to me. He wanted me to open the door. But I lay on my bed in wolf form, I had no intension of changing back yet because my wolf was helping me cope and this form kept everyone out of my head without me trying.

“Penny I don’t understand why you ran from me, can you please change back and talk with me?” Jacob kept talking to me.

“Penny do you remember the night we met?” He paused and I shook my head yes even though he could not see me.

“I remember like it was yesterday. When you just so gently touched me my skin sparked and was set on fire. It was a good fire; I felt warm and safe and loved. In that moment I knew you we were mates.” He stopped taking a few breaths.

“I could remember your smell, your eyes everything about you I loved in that instant. It truly was love at first sight. I had no idea what you looked like; I had never met you before. But I knew we were meant for each other. No matter what happens I will love you. You might think it odd since we met this morning for the first time, but my soul has known you for eternity. And that’s all I need. I would marry you today if you accepted my proposal. But I will wait for you, I will wait forever it takes that long.” Hearing this made me cry, to hear him poor his heart out to me.

“He is right you know.” My wolf told me. “Our souls have been paired for many generations, each time in a different body. He truly loves us.” She said. I told her I was scared because he might reject us knowing we were the reason his father was killed. How could he love someone knowing this information? My wolf told me to talk to him, and that I will never know how he feels until we finish the bond, and then we will know each other’s feelings at all times.

            I thought about it for a while. She was right; I need to be more outgoing and not so scared now. I have a loving family now and not mistreating foster parents. And apparently I have a loving mate as well.

            I decided to shift back. Shifting came easy now. It was painless and magical. As soon as I changed back I knew my mother and father knew I shifted. My mind was flooded with my mom sobbing and my dad telling me to fix this and come back down stairs. He had more he needed to tell me.

            I walked to my closet and pick out some jeans and a sweat shirt with my under clothes and then dressed. I walked over to my door and stood there for a minutes before I opened it. When I did I was shocked with what I saw. Bobby was sitting across from my door. He had his knees up with his head in his lap. Hearing the door click open he looked up at me. His face was stained with tears and his eyes were blood shot red. His milk chocolate eyes were so bright agents the red in his white. His golden soft brown hair was a mess.

            He made no movement towards me, he just stayed seated. I guessed he was waiting for me to move first. I took the two steps to reach him and put out my hand to him. He looked at it first before taking my hand in his. When he did I pulled him up and hugged him like it might be the last time I get to do so.

             I pulled him towards my room and sat with him on my bed. I needed to talk with him and explain why I was so scared that I ran. But I just sat there looking down into my lap. The words were not coming fast. So I just waited until my tears stopped flowing so I could speak. But Bobby spoke first.

“Penny please don’t leave me like that again, it tore up my heart. I had no idea if you were ok, you might have gotten hurt and I was scared. I probably look pathetic but I just can’t help what I feel.” Bobby said while crying some more, I could not help but cry as well with him. I held his hands in mine and gave them a gentle squeeze, to let him know I understand.

‘I was scared you were going to hate me.’ I cried to him.

“What? Why would you get that idea?” He replied in shock.

‘Because I was the reason your father was killed, it’s all mine and my brothers fault. If he weren’t looking for us then he would have been with you.’ I cried even more to him.

“No, I could never blame innocent children. I have known most of my life my father died while serving his alpha. It’s an honor to serve him.”

‘But if he was not ordered to find us he would not have died.’ I said to him.

“No sweetie. I don’t hold anything agents you, your brother or your parents. I love my father with all my heart as I do with you. He died protecting my future wife and mate, if he had not I would have never met you. I would have gone through my life mate less.” He was hold in me close and I jumped back when he said future wife.

‘Wife, but we have only been together just today, how do you know I would marry you?’ I asked him.

“Not anytime soon will I ask because it is early, but in the fates eyes we are already paired and considered man and wife. Please don’t leave me. I would feel as though my father would have died in vain if my mate were to reject me.” The sadness in his eyes spoke the truth.

‘You really feel this way towards me? I feel so strongly for you and I feared your rejection. I don’t want to live without you.’ I cried to him.

            He reached for me and put his hand behind my head. He gently pulled me forward and kissed me on my lips. I kissed back; I could feel my skin on fire. It tingled all over and felt like a dream. He tasted so good, I did not want to pull back but I was soon running out of air. Bobby pulled away just enough for me to breath then kissed me again with even more passion. This was my forth kiss of the day and I loved it.

             We were interrupted with my father coughing near my door. Trying to break us apart he faked cough again louder. I turned to my father and blushed getting caught making out with my mate. But I could not hide my smile and neither could Bobby. He still held my hand giving me a squeeze.

“Kids if you have finished making up and ready to come down stairs we have more to talk about, this time try not to run away Pen, stay and talk to us, we will always work whatever it is out.” My father told us.

‘Yes daddy.’ I said to him in my sweetest little girl voice. Bobby pecked my lips and we got up and walked towards my dad. I could not help but grin up at him; I was elated that Bobby was still here by my side. But I was becoming fearful of what my dad was about to add to our earlier conversation.