Chapter 15

Chapter 15

I did not have to wait very long because after about ten minutes, or so. I could here Jacob barking and howling. I got up and begun to paw at the door and added a few whines, just to make what I wanted more prevalent. My nails were scraping the exterior. I must of looked like a dog that needed to go out to pee. But dad got the idea because he came over and opened the door. The door slide inside the wall the same as my door had.

A dark black wolf with green eyes met me nose to nose. Jacob was far bigger then I was. His fur looked matted and I cold see some blood that was starting to dry. It made his black fur look even darker. He looked sad, his head was lowered and his ears were pined back. I licked his nose and he took a step back. He looked even more scared now. Did he not know who I was? I turned to look at dad but he looked like he was having a conversation in his head.

'Penny, your ok? You look so pretty in white' Jacob paused 'Penny?' I turned to dad and ask him 'Dad, why can't she hear me? Why cant I hear her. What happened?'

“Son she can't communicate using the pack link, I never had a pack member let alone a relative in the pack unable to use the link.” Dad was talking to me and Penny. “but the amazing thing is she has vocal cords as a wolf, she is just unable to use her mind link”.

When dad told Jacob I could park, I started to bark at Jacob. “woof, woof woof woof” and I added a growl for fun. I loved hearing my voice even if I sounded like a dog. I was jumping all around and then I pounced on him. I landed on his back and it made him yelp in surprise. He turned to me and licked me on my face. We took turns pouncing and jumping on each other. I wanted him to know I was happy with what I am. I pretty sure he got the picture.

Mom and dad stood over us watching us with pride. They got to see our first shift, and other then Jacob having a powerful wolf come forward he did pretty well. I feel as my wolf was docile and kind. Maybe even a little silly. I could tell she had a lot of energy and liked to play.

Jacob had a patch of white that matched my patch of black. We looked like a yin yang symbol. He was strong and powerful and I was calm and happy. I liked to play and he was all business. It was like the fates made us opposites. But together we worked well. I could help keep him calm and level headed and he kept me grounded.

I still had no idea why we can't communicate. But he seem to be able to know what I wanted, like he could read my mind or my feelings without me talking. But that could also be our twin bond. It's something we need to work on and figure out. Dad decided not to go out for a run with us. Mostly because Jacob needed to learn more control with his wolf. Also because they could not communicate with me.

We left the hallway that was just outside our changing rooms we used. It turns out the changing rooms line the basement of our home. It spanned the length of our house and was a long hallway with rooms on each side. Each room had a port hole type of window. All the rooms were white and sterile in appearance. All the rooms were cleaned after each use, so they were smell free. The last thing a young hostile wolf needed was to smell old blood. The same for a timid wolf.

We walked on all four going up to the main part of the house. Mom and dad were still in human form.

“Well kids its late you two have had an eventful night and, and I'm sure your wondering how to change back?” Dad was addressing Jacob and I. We shook our wolf head in unison, yes. “Well I don’t want you to try yet, because you will be naked and I don’t care to see my daughter in the state she was born in. My son on the other hand I don’t need to find out if he inherited my side or his mothers side of the male man hood trait” Dad started laughing and I just rolled my eyes. “ I had an unfortunate encounter with your mothers father one night when he shifted back and lets just say I hope my future sons took from my side of the family.” Mom took that opportunity to hit dad across his back and give him the evil your sleeping in the dog house tonight eyes.

“Anyway the best way to change back the first time is in your sleep. I suggest you make your way to your rooms and in the morning you should be in human form. If not then All you have to do is think about what you look like as a human and let the shift take over. Don't fight it.” Mom filled us in because all dad was doing was making jokes about her fathers man hood or lack their of. Eww that was a mental image I did not need to see.

I nudged mom and dads legs rubbing my head on them. They gave me a pat on the head and said good night. They did the same with Jacob, but I'm sure he was able to tell them good night though. We parted at the top of the stairs and went to our own rooms. I opened my door using my paw. We did not have door nobs that need to be turned we had handles that you pull down to open. I guess it was this way for this very reason. I never thought about it before I knew I was a werewolf. Just figured they had fancy taste.

I made my way to my bed and I tried to get under the covers, using my nose I wiggled my way under my blanket then turned around. This way I was in the right spot, I laid my head on the pillow and thought about the day. This has been a very long day. I spent it with Angel, learned a lot about werewolves, changed into one and found out my birthday has been celebrated on the wrong day for the last sixteen years. More importantly for me I could here my own voice for the first time, even if it was in the form of a bark and growl.

I was very warm under my blanket, fur is hot. Ugh was I going to shed in my bed, oh great I’m going to have to do laundry tomorrow I thought. My last thoughts as I fell asleep were of what I looked like as a human. Was I going to look different or was I still going to look the same. Maybe I was going to look the same except for my hair.