Chapter 16

Chapter 16

I could feel the warm sun trying to get trough my thick black out curtains. I knew it was morning because of the warmth of the sun and I could hear the birds in the trees. Wow that must be the super wolf hearing I have now. I don’t recall hearing birds before. The forest is a ways back and I don’t have any trees near my bed room window.

I still had my eyes closed I was scared to open them. I was not afraid of what I might see but I wanted to hold it off and enjoy the warmth. I don’t like to be cold, so I was enjoying the warmth of my bed. I stretched out arms and legs, oh wait I'm still a wolf. I never changed back. That must have been why I was so warm. I was laying on my side, with my arms and legs stretched out. I opened my eyes and looked around. Using my new eye sight I could see my room and all its contents just fine. My old eyes would have seen black, my room is so dark its like the dead of night.

Ok well I had to change back before anyone tried to come in my room. I stayed under my covers because I was going to be nude when I changed. I began by concentrating on my human appearance and how its like to have fingers and toes with nails instead of claws. I thought about how long my hair was and what my face looked like. How its like to walk up right. My body began to tingle. The fur started to get shorter and shorter.

My bones begun to crack and click back into the correct place. My hips flipped and rotated forward. Crap this hurt like hell. I tried to breath slow and deep so I could keep relaxed. My arms and legs grew longer, my snout was sinking back into my face and my long ears became my cute little human ears again. It was painful but a tolerable pain. When I was done changing the pain immediately stopped and I felt wonderful. I Felt new and refreshed. I had also had a night of dreamless sleep. It was wonderful to not have nightmares.

I wondered how Jacob was this morning. I knew we had no mind link as wolves but I wondered if it still did not work. After all he is the only one I can talk to.

'Jacob can you hear me, are you awake' I called out to him.

'Oh, Penny I can hear you. I was afraid we would have lost our connection. I cant believe your mind link is mute as a wolf. Its just not fair.' Jacob was sad but I was not. I have been so used to not having anyone to talk to other then him, this was no different.

'It's ok Jacob, I love how I felt as a wolf, I don’t mind'

'Well have you tried to talk to mom and dad, maybe you can mind link with them as a human and just not in wolf form, give it a try' Jacob had a point maybe my wolf was the opposite from my human. I gave out a call to mom and dad to see if they could here me.

'Hey, mom. Dad can you here me now?'

'Oh my god , Penny is that you sweetheart.' Mom called out to me.

'Yes mom it is, oh my I cant believe it works' I started to cry with joy mom was the second person who has ever heard my voice.

'Jacob it works oh my god I can talk to mom, Jacob I'm so happy.' I yelled in my mind at him.

I rushed to get dress so I could go to mom and talk to her. Finally no more texting I can actually chat with someone. I threw on some pink skinny jeans and a white off the shoulder top. I did not even stop to look in the mirror. I just ran bare foot down stairs. I ran to the kitchen and found mom sitting there drinking coffee with dad.

Mom looked up at me and I screamed in my mind. She ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me and we began to jump up and down like little excited school girls. Dad smiled over his paper at us, watching us act so silly. Dad was not one for showing a lot of emotions, but I could tell he was more then happy that we could communicate.

Mom and I calmed down and we walked over to the new table that could fit the four of us. Now we could sit as a family and talk about our day.

'Dad isn't this wonderful that you can hear me now?' I kind of squealed to dad.

'Yes dear its amazing, I was afraid we would have no link with our daughter. I guessing your wolf is mute in her mind but not vocally' dad explained. 'Also dear did you know you sleep talk. I could here you in my sleep, you were talk about nonsense, but I could here you so I knew the mind link worked in human form, but I waited until now I did not want to wake up your mother.' dad kept talking. I don’t understand how he could here me sleep talking. I did not even dream last night it was peaceful.

'Dad I was still in wolf form when I woke up. I had to concentrate and turn human when I woke up. I don’t see how you could here me when I was asleep as a wolf but not when I was awake.' I told all this to dad and he just looked puzzled.

'Well I'm sure it was you, as I checked on everyone, it was definitely a female voice. And it sounded like you were yelling at someone. I thought you were talking in your sleep about something from your life before you came here.' Dad still looked worried. We need to figure out when I can and cant talk to someone, this is so weird. Why do I have to be the different one. I feel like I'm lost in all of this.

We sat in silence for a while all caught in our own thought. Jacob decided to join us. He came in using his mind link talking to all of us. He was just as surprised as dad that we could talk to in human form. He told us of his uneventful transformation this morning, apparently he had no problems changing back after he promised his wolf he would let him back out tonight, when we all took our run. His wolf is powerful and Jacob finds himself reasoning with him all the time. Cause his wolf was waiting for the last sixteen years he feels he has the right to be free more often. I’m glad I don’t have that issue with my wolf she seems quiet I have not heard from her all morning.

'Oh I'm here sweetie I just like to keep a low profile, if I ever want something I will let you know, but I have a feeling our dad wont let us run tonight, try to convince him though I really need to get out and run its been far to long' my wolf suddenly said to me. Now she talks to me.

'Hey dad why cant I run tonight with you and Jacob?' I asked dad. He got a look of shock on his face.

'Honey I was just thinking that I had not said it out loud yet how did you know I was going to say something?' Dad questioned me.

'My wolf told me you were thinking it, how did she know?'

'I have no idea how she knows, has she talked to you much? I had not mentioned it yet because I did not want to upset you. You see I'm scared for your safety, we cant communicate so how can we protect you when your a wolf?' Dad had a point, but my wolf wants to run.

'But dad she wants to run she told me to convince you to let me. Maybe we can figure out why I'm so different and find a way we can communicate? Dad please.' I begged him.

'Well let me think about it and I will tell you at dinner.' was daddies reply. Well its breakfast I had all day to figure out a way we can talk during our run. Jacob started breakfast for us which was good because I was starving. He also looked like he was having a argument with himself.

'Jacob are you Ok?' I asked him.

'Oh, yea Penny I’m just arguing with my wolf, I cant believe I got a wolf in my head that likes to argue with me, and he super powerful he managed to get me to shift from wolf to man three times last night. I can do it so seamlessly now that it doesn't hurt the problem is he thinks he can do it when he wants. Dad said I have to get him under control before school starts or I cant go.' Jacob was frustrated with himself, or rather his wolf.

'Well trade the pound of bacon for control of shifting, maybe if you give him some of what he wants he will give you what you need.' I told him. Seamed like a good idea to me. I think his wolf agreed with me because Jacob got a huge grin on his face and preceded to add more bacon to the pan. Well I guess I solved his problem now I need help with my own issue.