chapter 5

c h a p t e r  5   -   feelings

Jc hadn’t called me the next day. Or the next day. Or the next day. Or even the day after that. He didn’t even text me. Not even a tweet. Nothing. And, I didn’t even bother to contact him first. I mean I want to seem hard to get, right? Isn't that the goal of most vapid teenage girls in somewhat successful relationships? Well, to say the least, I’m not all that experienced with guys and relationships. I’ve only had one boyfriend in my whole eighteen years of existence, believe it or not. It was when I was sixteen. His name was Kyle. And let's just say, things didn't go so well. I do not want to go into full detail about my amazing boyfriend and all the wonderful things he did. I think I’ll save that story for another, more appropriate time.

Anyways, I had not heard anything from Jc, nor from Kian and Sam. The past fews days have been dull, boring, and nothing but pure laziness. In other words, my butt has been planted on the couch, with my laptop glued to my lap. Typical. I had been watching all of Our2ndLife’s videos the past days. I searched and clicked on their channel name. The videos loaded slowly. I spotted their most recent videos at the top of the screen. I examined and explored, my curiosity getting the best of me. I spotted all their cute little faces in the thumbnails of the videos. I learned so much about these 7 guys, just by watching some 4 minute long videos. I learned things I did not have a clue about before. I learned things about Kian and Sam, my two best friends, that I didn't know before. It's mind blowing how much they have changed over the years. And it is mind blowing that they have this huge fanbase. Thousands and thousands of girls literally drooling over these 7 goofballs. And its mind blowing that they share everything with them. YouTube is definitely a unique and underrated community. They are like a family, and I think that is pretty fucking amazing.

I kept scrolling around the page. At this point, I have watched more than half of O2L's videos. But the majority of which I watched were Jc's. I was so intrigued by him. And I wanted to know more. While I was scrolling I found related channels. And right there was Jc's. My heart leaped as I was about to click on it. I blinked twice just to make sure it was real. And sure enough, it was. The page loaded quite slowly, which gave way to more of my internal anticipation. Eventually, pictures and videos loaded. My eyes were filled with images of his beautiful face, perfect teeth, and adorable chubby cheeks. I was on Jc's "main channel" as YouTubers call it. I took my time scrolling through the page, and eventually clicked on an appealing video. "Reading Dirty FanFiction." I was interested, yet scared all at the same time.

The video began to play. Aw, Jc's face was just too precious. After the introduction, Jc began to read some of the dirty fan fiction written about him. He couldn't even make it through a sentence without laughing. And frankly, neither could I! Jc's laugh was so adorable and his facial expressions were priceless.

"Damn, these fangirls are crazy... And very dirty minded," I chuckled to myself.

Four and a half minutes later the video ended. My eyes wandered to the Related Videos sidebar, and I clicked on a new video. "Random Question Tag." I noticed Kian and Sam's face on the video thumbnail, along with Jc's and a few others I didn't recognize. After loading, the video began and so did my unstoppable laughter. All of Jc's videos are so funny. I can see why his fans love him so much. He's so happy and positive and just flat out adorable.

As each video ended, I clicked on a new one without hesitation. At one point, there was a related video that caught my eye. "Draw My Life" it was titled. Out of curiosity, I clicked on it. And before I knew it, I was watching Jc draw out his entire life. I learned so many new things about Jc. I learned about his past, his family, his personality. Everything.