11

"1."

Sora crossed her arms and glared.

"2."

She leaned on one side as she put both her hands out to play one last round of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

"3."

She tapped her bottom hand 3 times before putting out the scissors sign, beating James' flat hand that resembled paper. She cheered and did a little dance around James, who rested on his knees in defeat.

"I won. I won. I wo-" she repeated, still dancing until she bumped into her mother.

Nadine looked over at James and laughed, "Jack and Alia?"

James nodded with his head still down. Sora ran over to the kitchen and grabbed James' phone to give to him so he could call Jack to come over.

Usually, when James and Nadine had their date night outside of the house, Sora had plans to either go with her grandparents, Lauren and Alex, Mimi, or Mike and Melanie. With Mika's parents taking her and Ivan's kids out of town for the weekend, it was their first weekend since the birth of their youngest that they had the night out for themselves. She invited the whole group which meant, Sora was left with 3 options of babysitters for the weekend.

James was against having Jack and Alia babysit since the last time they had her, Sora came back saying her Uncle pulled out one of her baby teeth by slamming the fridge door closed so hard she ran full force into it. Needless to say, Sora had a bruised nose for a week after that. 

Nadine had always let Jack and Alia take Sora whenever they wanted to since they were the ones with the least responsibilities when Sora was still 2 or 3. She usually paid them too so they had money for food while living in the dorms. Now that they've graduated and were planning their wedding, they rarely had time to drive up to watch Sora (which James considered a blessing).

"Are you sure you want your Uncle Jack and Auntie Alia? How about Lola? Or Mamita?" James tried bargaining with his daughter.

Sora opened his phone and dialed Jack's number, putting it on speaker phone. He answered after 4 rings.

"Yo, so are we getting Sora?"

James scrunched his face at Nadine, hoping she'd help him out, but she simply shrugged and walked off to the kitchen. Sora was the one to respond.

"Please, Uncle Jack. Daddy said he doesn't want you to watch me, but I miss Auntie Eia."

"How about me?" Jack sounded offended on the phone.

"If you drop her off tomorrow with something bruised, broken, or cut, I'll hurt you man."

"It was an accident!" Jack said, defensively. "And don't worry. Sora doesn't have any baby teeth from when I saw her last week at the party."

"Whatever. We'll wait for you before we head out," James mumbled.

He reached for his phone, but Sora gripped at it tight.

"Alright, we'll be over in like an hour. Sora Bear... what do you want to eat?"

"KFC," she said with a big grin on her face.

In the background, they could hear Alia cheering as Jack groaned, "I regret asking."

He said his goodbyes and hung up the phone. James finally got a hold of his phone as Sora smiled sweetly at her dad. Nadine came back with an ice cream bar in her hand as she ate it. James got on his knees and held up his index finger.

"Ground rules for hanging out with Uncle Jack and Auntie Eia?"

"Don't listen to Uncle calling me Shortbread."