1

"Hi Papa! Why are you picking me up today?"

The little girl waddled into Mike's arms. At just 3 years old, Sora Reid was very articulate with her words despite being too young to be in primary school.

"Your mommy said to pick you up from daycare today. Some Papa- Sora time."

"Where is she?"

Mike picked her up once she reached his feet and poked her nose, "At work. She told me to get you so we can start packing."

"Are you and Auntie MelMel coming too?"

"Of course! Me and Mommy have to be there. Auntie Mel too."

Mike walked them back to his car, putting her in the spare car seat Nadine had for his car, and got to the driver's seat. He looked back to check if she was all buckled in and ready to go.

"Do I get to go to the party?"

He turned on the engine and Mike glanced back at Sora through the rearview mirror, nodding. "Yes, but just during the day. You'll hang out with Kuya JJ for the rest of the day."

She opened her mouth, but just closed it, probably thinking she would ask her mom later. Mike chuckled, Sora reminding him so much of Nadine when they were little and growing up. He was sure when everyone saw her, they'd say the same.

When they pulled into the driveway to Nadine's house, Sora waited in her carseat, knowing that the adults would get mad if she got out herself. Mike carried her out of the car and let her lead the way to the front door. When they reached the doorstep, she looked up to see him fumbling with the keys to unlock the door, but a woman opened it and rolled her eyes.

"You're late," the woman said, tiptoeing up to kiss Mike on the cheek.

Sora patted the woman's swollen belly and hugged her leg, making her look down at the little girl.

"You got a Maccas cone?" playfully peering at Sora.

A wide grin adorned the girl's face as she giggled and snuggled her face into the woman's leg. 

"Are you mad, Auntie Mel?"

Melanie shook her head and patted Sora, "No, but we'll just keep this from Mommy for now, okay? I told her we were supposed to be on the road already so we'd make it in time for the beginning ceremony. So I came over to pack your things. Are you ready to go? Did you wanna bring your pillow?"

Sora didn't even answer, running up the stairs to get her favorite pillow. She didn't know where it was from, but she had found it in a box in the downstairs closet with a bunch of other things. According to Mike and Melanie, it was her mom's favorite pillow. When she asked why she didn't use it anymore, no one ever gave her a real answer.

The little girl ran back downstairs and hopped up to Melanie already putting the strap of her purse on her shoulders. Mike came from around the kitchen wall, pressing the security keypad once he reached the foyer.

"Everything's locked and in the car. Let's move it people."

"Wait!" Sora yelled, halting all of them. "Mommy."

Melanie reached down to carry Sora, "Mommy's going to be late, but she'll meet us there."

Mike sighed, looking at Melanie and at Sora run off towards the car, knowing why Nadine was stalling to go to their own high school reunion.

-------------